As we head into a good sports weekend, the following are key thoughts that I have:
- Heisman Trophy race. If you had no knowledge of college football, the following would be your current leaders: 1) Jimmy Clausen 2) Jacory Harris 3) A.J. Green. We all know that Tim Tebow and Colt McCoy are the leaders, I’m just saying. However, if Notre Dame beats USC, look for Clausen to take the outright lead anyway. If Joe McKnight has a great game, look for him to enter the top 3.
- USC vs Notre Dame. ND has a weak defense and USC has the best offensive line in the country. Also, Ronald Johnson returns at WR. Clausen will have his moments but USC by 10.
- Oklahoma vs Texas. I thought this was the funnest game of 2008 and my expectations are high for this one. Bradford will be returning. McCoy is the 2nd coming of Drew Brees. I like UT’s speed on defense as the decider in a very high scoring game.
- Andre Johnson has been the best WR in the NFL for 3 years. His touchdown run against Arizona last week was the most violent touchdown imposed by a WR I have ever seen. Too much Bengals though.
- Philadelphia Eagles Offense. Jeremy Maclin was last week’s highlight reel. I’m picking Brian Westbrook or LeSean McCoy as this week’s hero. I’m thinking they have a HUGE package for Michael Vick but are saving it for the New York Giants on 11/1.
- Great Match Ups. Brett Favre vs. Ray Lewis, OU-TX, Giant vs Saints, MLB playoffs, Bradford vs. McCoy, Jimmy Clausen vs. Taylor Mays, and the Kansas City Chiefs vs Washington Redskins. OK, I’m kidding on the last one.
- Someone told me the NHL season had started. I put that in my “Sasquatch Category”. There are some who claim they’ve seen it but there is no actual visual confirmation.