Some thoughts and experiences I had this past weekend:
- Great day at Fellowship Bible Church. Shane Freeman shared about the wrath of God and we had baptism and communion. Unbelievable message and experience. Shared a quote and a few passages on my twitter account.
- Had breakfast Saturday morning with a pastor whose church is closing and helping him transition to the next phase of his life. Very productive and he is going to be quite productive in his next assignment.
- Matt Barkley is 5-0 with road wins at Ohio State, California, and Notre Dame…as a freshman! We are seeing the embryonic stages of potentially an all-time great.
- Sam Bradford and Jermaine Gresham of OU have reminded me that when opportunity presents itself, it’s too late to prepare. In their case, no need to keep preparing. Both definite ’09 first round picks should have went pro.
- Two years ago, Brett Favre was the NFL Player of the Year as the Green Bay Packers went to the NFC Championship. In 2008, the New York Jets were 8-3 before he got hurt. This year, he is having another magical season for the 6-0 Minnesota Vikings. Great quote – “At 40 years old, I know what to do.” I hope he never retires. He’s got talent around him and let’s just enjoy this.
- The 80-83 San Diego Chargers. 1990 and 1995 San Francisco 49ers. 2000-02 St Louis Rams. 2007 New England Patriots. It’s time to add the 2009 New Orleans Saints to the list of the greatest offenses of the modern generation.
- Tennessee Titans are 0-6. Since 1978, of the 47 teams that went 13-3 or better, 12 (26%) had a losing record the next year. I will explore why in a future blog.