I have the privilege of attending Fellowship Bible Church (www.fbconline.org) in Roswell, GA where Dr. Crawford Loritts serves as my Senior Pastor.Â He is an incredible man and leader.Â He is currently taking our church through a series in I John.Â
On Sunday, June 6th Crawford packed as many leadership principles into a single 40-minute message as I’ve ever heard.Â If you wish to hear the entire message go to the Media page at the church website listed above.Â However, as a gift to everyone who will read this post, the following are the leadership quotes regarding multi-generational relationshipsÂ that came from this past weekend.
- There is a direct link between belief and behavior.
- God expects movement and growth.
- We need to arrive at the maturity of a matriarch.
- It is important not to confuse exposure with experience.
- There is no relationship between being smart and being wise.
- Don’t discount people because “they’re not as bright as you are”.
- A fool is a person who is old and should know better but does otherwise.
- Fathers need to model humilityÂ during teachable experiences.
- Don’t get blindsided by your opinions and preferences.
- Critiquing something is not providingÂ wisdom.
- With time comes entrenchment.Â Be careful what trench you’re in.Â It builds walls.
- Passion and energy are not a substitute for substance and endurance.
- Vision and passion need to be rooted in biblical truth.
- Passion doesn’t need to become a belief system.
- Just because you quote it doesn’t mean you know it.
- Children need to balance innocence with discernment.
- Promise without action is a wasted life.
- Passion without direction is wasted opportunity.
- Perspective without engagement of different generations is wasted wisdom.
What an amazing weekend.Â 19 power quotes on leadership in a single setting.Â In addition, Crawford also highlighted the 7 Characteristics of a Teachable Person.Â I will share those with you in a future post.Â Unbelievable!!!