I have the privilege of attending the wonderful Fellowship Bible Church located inÂ Roswell, GA.Â As I was driving to church this morning, I was thinking about how much I look forward toÂ this timeÂ each week.Â I can’t wait to get up on Sunday mornings!
The following are the reasons I love my church.Â Now please know, this is my personal list on this particular date.Â It will certainly not include all the reasons a person may love their church and your list may be completely different.Â This is simply my list as of today.Â Â
- Family – My wife and daughter love going to church there.Â
- Senior Pastor Crawford Loritts – Everything rises and falls on leadership.
- Student Impact -Â There is a strongÂ emphasis on leadership development in the student departments.
- Teaching – Lives areÂ changedÂ weekly by clear, crisp, and compellingÂ messages that have a biblical foundation.
- Solutions – I am given practical solutions and a proper frameworkÂ to the issues of my life.
- Relationships – I have developed some great friendships.Â
- Encouragement – Each week IÂ walk awayÂ encouraged and ready to face the week.
- Worship – The music is very good and up-to-date.
- RacialÂ Diversity – We have a strong commitment to multi-cultural ministry that is reflected inÂ theÂ makeup of our audience.
- Justice Issues – We haveÂ a strong multi-generational impact around the world thatÂ is addressing the marginalized, hurting, andÂ those who are suffering.
- I Make AÂ DifferenceÂ – My entire family gets to utilize our spiritual giftedness to worship Christ and serve others on a weekly basis.
- Memories – I baptized my daughter there.
- Home LifeÂ – I am a better husband and father because what I am taught there.
- I Am Valued – I know I am loved there.Â A friend of mine once said “Everyone wants to be told they’re pretty.”
- Anticipation – When the service is over, I am left wanting more.Â At the end of the day, thisÂ is the real test as to whether you love your church or not.
Well that is my list.Â What’s your’s?Â If you don’t have one yet, please utilize my list as a template.
Pastors and church leaders,Â if you made aÂ checklist of theÂ 15 items listed and had the people of your church checkÂ offÂ what applied to them, what would your percentages be?Â Hopefully, it would be very high!
For future leadership insights, please subscribe to this post or click here.