Tuesday evening I was in a Charlotte hotel reading the USA Today.Â In the Life section there was a snippet that mentioned Maxim magazine was coming out with their annual 100 Hottest Women edition.
I am not a reader of Maxim but I was thinking that the list simply could not be accurate because as far as I know, my wifeÂ of over 20 yearsÂ is not included.Â Therefore, their data is flawed at best.
In honor of Mother’s Day, I would like to say a few words about the mother of my child.Â My wife is extraordinarily beautiful but that is partlyÂ because of howÂ beautiful she is on the inside.Â The following are just a few of the things I admire about this incredible woman and leader.
- I completely trust her.
- She treats me with respect.
- Our house isÂ impeccably cared for.Â If you didn’t know better you would think our home is always for sale.
- She is a great cook.
- She rises early and ensures all our needs are met as we prepare for the day.
- She does side work to help the family financially.
- She takes care of herself physically.
- She is a great money manager andÂ stewards our resources well.
- She is active in our daughter’s school.
- She serves the poor, specifically a women’s shelter near our home.
- She cares about her appearance but doesn’t obsess over it.
- She leads a teenage girls small group in our church.
- She serves alongside me in our church’s hospitality ministry.
- People think more highly of me because she is by my side.
- She is selective with her speech.
- She is kind to others.
- She is not lazy.
- She is brilliant in leading, training,Â and advising my daughter.
- She is stately and charming.
- She fears the Lord and has a specific time with Him each day.
I’m not going to buy or read the Maxim list.Â No desire or need to.Â I’m sure they are all pretty women that areÂ listed.Â However, my wife exceeds them all.
Last year, I wrote a post called 10 Leadership Skills Of Stay At Home Moms because my wife is one.Â I think it isÂ timely to re-visit that list.
- They are theÂ greatest servantsÂ I know.
- TheyÂ sacrifice personal desires and public recognitionÂ for the success of others.
- They have superior organizational skills.
- They give their husbands confidenceÂ to perform well throughout the day.
- They productivelyÂ utilize marginal time.
- They manage the familyâ€™s financial resources and stretch a dollar.
- They create a warm environment to come home to.Â For more on that subject, click here.
- They rise early and make sure all of their familyâ€™s needs are met.
- They makeÂ investments in their children thatÂ last generations.
- They are a privilege to provide for.
Proverbs 18:22 says â€œHe who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the Lordâ€œ.Â I couldnâ€™t agree more.
Happy Mother’s Day to my wife and all mothers!!
Enter your email address here and start receiving future posts from this site.
Download your FREE copy of my new eBook The 2011 Year In Hollywood Movies â€“ Leadership Edition today by clicking here.