The pressure of 717 people forced Starbuck’s founder and CEO Howard Schultz to remove himself as a speaker at this week’s Global Leadership Summit.Â A few thoughts:
- Jesus Christ died for everyone who has ever lived.
- 717 passionate, committed, and organized people can accomplish much.
- Bill Hybels was extraordinarily gracious as always.
- Church leaders must be prepared to deal withÂ homosexuality and handle it with biblical truth, conviction, love, and an extraordinarily welcoming spirit.
- I feel preaching againstÂ this lifestyle will be viewed as a hate crime in the next generation.Â Are American pastors prepared to go to jail if they don’t omit certain passages, specifically Romans 1?
- Many experts state that even ifÂ today’s youngÂ people viewÂ it as a sin,Â many are putting it in the same categoryÂ as gluttony and white lies.Â
- We need to be praying forÂ Bill as he is attempting to meet with the group that organized the boycott.Â
- This issue is not going away.
- I think if Jesus met personally with the organizers, He would say, “I want to come to your house for dinner.”Â What do you think He would say?
If you haven’t seen it yet, below is the video of Bill’s comments.
To get future posts on leadership sent directly to you, please take advantage of the many subscription offers on this site.