7 Leadership Lessons And Quotes From Thor
With the dvd release of Thor taking place tomorrow, I thought it would be a good idea to review my thoughts on the leadership lessons from the movie.Â The following is a review I wrote on the movie earlier this year.Â Enjoy and please share your comments as well.
ThorÂ is a fun movieÂ andÂ provides a breakout role for Chris Hemsworth who is going to be a star.Â Â I really enjoy the Marvel movies and this one gives usÂ some good leadership quotes and lessons.Â Â Enjoy!
- â€œKings do not seek out war but they prepare for it.â€ â€“ This was spoken to Thor by his father Odin played by Anthony Hopkins.Â Great leaders attempt to resolve conflict but still prepare for unforeseen challenges thatÂ may arise when that is not possible.
- â€œI have sacrificed much to achieve peace.Â So too must a new generation sacrifice to maintain that peace.Â Responsibility! Duty! Honour!Â These are not mere virtues to which we must aspire!Â They are essential to every soldier, to every king!â€ â€“ Odin gives us a composite picture of the relationship between responsibility and sacrifice that must be paid by all generations and those in leadership.
- The Only Difference Between Anger and Danger Is A â€œDâ€-Â When his anger gets the best of him and he attacks a neighboring country, Thor is banished to the realm of Earth.Â Leaders often do irreparable damage to themselves and othersÂ when they have anger and self-control issues.
- What Seems Like Our Greatest DisappointmentsÂ Are OftenÂ Our Greatest Opportunitiesâ€“ While on Earth, Thor is stripped of many of his powers.Â However, he has the opportunity to develop character, humility, and a deep sense of care for those in his life.Â If you ever feel like you have lost everything, you may have been given the opportunity to gainÂ something youâ€™ve never would haveÂ had previously.
- Self-Leadershipâ€“ Thor teaches us a basic truth in that before you can lead others, you must first learn how to lead yourself.
- Relationships Over Work â€“ Jane Foster, played by Natalie Portman, loves her work but finds meaning in it when she meets Thor.Â I was reminded that no matter how fulfilling our jobs may be, theyÂ are a poor substitute forÂ the relationalÂ needs that we allÂ have.Â
- Â The Influence Of Fathers â€“ Fathers possess anÂ unequaled level of influence in their childrenâ€™s lives.Â Interestingly, the entire movie is really about two sons attempting to understand the complexities ofÂ the relationshipÂ with their father.Â All children, no matter how old they are, want to be loved and respected by their fathers.
For additional reviews on movies from 2011, enjoy the following links:
- 10 Leadership Quotes And Principles From Soul Surfer
- 10 Leadership Quotes And Principles From X-Men: First Class
- 10 Leadership Quotes and Principles From Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes
- 8 Leadership Quotes And Lessons From Super 8
To get future posts on leadership sent directly to you, please take advantage of the many subscription options on this site.