13 Inspirational Leadership Quotes From Baltimore Ravens Ray Lewis
The interviews conducted by ESPN’s Jon Gruden are the most creative and insightful in all of sports. On Monday, October 24th, Gruden sat down with legendary Baltimore Ravens Ray Lewis. Lewis is the greatest middle linebacker in the history of the NFL and one of the game’s greatest leaders.
The following are his incredibly intense comments as well as the thoughts about this leader from others:
- “Anytime I step out thereÂ I give everything I got, on every single play.”
- “It’s hard to beat defenses when you have three levels of dominance.”
- “As a leader always control my emotions.”
- “I’m willing to serve. Before I lead any other man into anything I’m willing to take the hard falls myself but also come back and share the pains that came from it. Don’t waste this moment.Â Don’t make no foolish mistake on the field or off the field.”
- “A leader puts himself last then he sticks out.”
- “I’ve got kids that are always watching and I taught them to always finish something you started.”
- “He is the Baltimore Ravens. He’s their franchise.” – Hines Ward
- “The greatest opportunity in the world is found here today…We already know what yesterday has got for us. It’s already gone. Tomorrow, too far away. What about right now!”
- “He is a thermostat leader, not a thermometer…He does not react to the environment he’s in. He changes every environment he’s in.” – Trent Dilfer
- “You can’t help but to respond to his passion, his energy.” – Dilfer
- “This is the most team-centered player I ever played with. He organized team activities, team bonding experiences. He truly believes in galvanizing 53 men into one heartbeat.” – Dilfer
- “Those players really believe in him.” – Mike Ditka
- “He is a leader among leaders.” – Chris Carter
What a great leader! Are you inspired? What do you think about comments you just read?
To get Ray’s comments just after the AFC Championship loss to the New England Patriots, click 12 Leadership Quotes From Baltimore Ravens Ray Lewis On Handling Defeat And Disappointment.
Subscribe here so future posts can be sent directly to your Inbox. Also, as a gift for doing so, I will also send you a FREE copy of my latest eBook 151 Leadership Quotes: Timeless Truths That Will Make You A Better Leader.