10 Leadership Quotes And Lessons From Eli Manning
New York Giants Elisha Nelson (Eli) ManningÂ hasÂ Â just wonÂ his 2nd Super BowlÂ cementing his place as one of the great quarterbacks of this generation.Â I love leaders who show us that dignified and poised leadership can be just as effective as “fiery” or confrontational styles.
The following are the leadership quotesÂ about this incredible playerÂ leading up to and after the game:
USA Today – February 1st
- Concentration – “I can assure you that Eli has not given two thoughts to his legacy.Â He literally is concentrating on the task at hand.” – Cooper ManningÂ
- Desire – “I don’t get real intense or fiery, but I have a (strong) desire to win.” – Manning
- Character – “It say a lot about his character and about how much he loves the game to just get up and keep plugging away.Â He is our leader.” – Victor Cruz
- Perspective – “Not much bothers him.Â It is a pretty good trait for a New York quarterback.” – Archie Manning
SI.com on February 6th.Â To read the full articleÂ click here.
- Production – “Drew Brees is a great quarterback. He’s at home. Aaron Rodgers is a great quarterback. He’s at home. Tom Brady’s a great quarterback, and he’s at home. Eli beat him twice in the Super Bowl. You ask Tom Brady that and I bet he’ll tell you the same thing. Eli’s a beast. Eli’s an animal. There’s not enough I can say about him.” – Brandon Jacobs
- Instills Confidence – “I don’t think anyone on this team doubts Eli. He was the main reason we were in the position we were in today.” – Kenny Phillips also from SI.com
- Consistency – “I’m not surprised.Â Â He’s been doing it all year long. I’m out of words to say about Eli.” – general manager Jerry Reese
ESPN.com on February 6th.Â To read the full article click here.
- Attitude – “You talk to Eli in the middle of the weekÂ and you can’t tell if it’s a Super Bowl week or a preseason week. I think that attitude goes a long way when your back’s against the wall and you’re in the huddle and you look into the eyes of your quarterback. You want to believe he’ll deliver.” – Cooper Manning
- Preparation – “I took the snap and saw the D-line stand up and I knew what was going to happen.” – Eli on 4th quarter preparation.
- Resiliency – “He just has something different in his DNA than everybody else has. â€¦ The more pressure on him, the better he’s going to perform. There are very few people on the planet that have that, and this guy’s got it.” – owner John Mara