15 Leadership Quotes From Passion City Church Senior Pastor Louie Giglio At Catalyst One Day
As I mentioned previously, today I attended Catalyst One Day as a representative of Injoy Stewardship Solutions. While there, I was privileged to hear Andy Stanley interview Passion City Church Senior Pastor Louie Giglio, his friend since the 6th grade.
I feel Louie leads the most influential church in America today. His insights about planting a church at age 50, when most do it in their 20s, wasÂ absolutely amazing and a must read for any Christian leader. Enjoy!
- “I am on a track that when I was younger I didn’t aim for.”
- “I spoke here (NorthPoint Community Church as part of the 722 program) for 11 years every Tuesday night.”
- “God showed me I’m an OK pastor.”
- “There’s nobody when they speak about leadership (does it) like Andy does.”
- “The upside to planting a church at 50 years old – 1. You care less about what other people think. 2. You have more confidence in your ability to hear from Jesus.”
- “We had 15 years (of Passion Conferences) of history on our side.”
- “The wind is blowing us along and we’re happy with that. We’re not rowing.”
- “I don’t know what our distinctive is.” *Note – I would like to give my thoughts about what I think makes Passion City Church distinctive. I have never seen a church so radically passionate about and in love with Jesus.
- “You don’t need a mission statement.”
- “Our team believes our church exists for the glory of God.”
- “This step for me (planting a church in the city in which he grew) is the promotion of my life.”
- “This church gives cohesiveness and stability to the (Passion) movement.”
- “We’re driven by the ‘what’ and not a framework.”
- “Hear Jesus as a family and serve Him. Care about people and love people.”
- “Who did I give a blank about today. That’s leadership.” – Louie said this because when he planted PCC, a long-time unchurched friend of his said the church will do well “because Louie gives a ‘blank’ about people.” Louie used the word “blank” and did not tell us what it was but let your imagine figure it out.
Louie is an amazing leader who truly does give a blank about people. Pastors and leaders from all walks of life, who did you give a blank about today?
Also, I’m going to give you a gift for reading this post. Louie is currently doing a series on dating, sex, and relationships at PCC called “Boy Meets Girl.” It is absolutely AMAZING! Do yourself a favor, click here to watch the messages and thank me later.
Enter your email address here and start receiving future posts from this site.
Download your FREE copy of my new eBook The 2011 Year In Hollywood Movies - Leadership Edition today by clicking here.