The Top 10 Leadership Blog Posts I Read On The Internet This Past Week
Brad Lomenick, whoÂ directs an incredible movement of young leaders calledÂ Catalyst, has often said, “Generosity is the new currency.”Â I learn a lot from Brad andÂ he is spot on with that statement.
In an effort to follow Brad’s lead, I want to shareÂ some amazing posts from some veryÂ talented writersÂ whose thoughtsÂ impacted me greatly this past week.Â If you have not subscribed to these sites,Â I suggest youÂ make them part of your regular reading.
You will notice these articles come from a variety of specialties – sports, business, current events, and Christian living.Â I try to learn from as many resources as possible.Â But I was either incredibly resourced or greatlyÂ inspired by each one which is why IÂ enjoyed them so much.
I will start with a post from Brad since I have already mentioned him but the remaining are listed in alphabetical order by author:
- 20 Women Leaders Under 40 You Show Know by Brad Lomenick.Â I have a passion forÂ the Christian community to understand the value that women bring to leadership and provide them opportunities to leverage that giftedness.
- The Equation by Paul Alexander.Â This is a promotional video for a sermon series but I wondered if I was part of the video what I would write down.Â Watch the video to understand what I am talking about.
- Leading People Effectively by Derwin L. Gray.Â Derwin hasÂ an ability to explain the difference between conditional and unconditional love better than anyone I know.
- The Role Imagination Plays In Innovation by Jocelyn Hawkes of www.FastCompany.com.Â For all Christian leaders looking toÂ raise the creativity bar at their local church,Â this article is a great resource to discuss with your team.
- 5 Reasons Bill Parcells Would Consider Coaching The New Orleans Saints by Peter King of www.sportsillustrated.cnn.com.Â Whether it is professional sports, business, or a local church, high-capacity leaders have a certain criteria when considering a place of employment.Â This article gives you insight into their decision process.
- So So So Sad by Lindsey Nobles.Â Simply a painful post to read.
- What Sarah Learned From Her Year-Long Spending Fast by Joseph Sangl.Â This two-part series wasÂ the most inspirational posts I read all week.
- Why Sarah Went On A 365 Day Spending Fast by Joseph Sangl
- 12 Communication Tips From Some Of The World’s Best by Scott Williams.Â Scott’s site www.BigIsTheNewSmall.com has become my favorite site.Â Check it out now and thank me later!
- Jim Collins’ Ten Greatest CEOs Of All-Time by the Willow Creek Association.Â This is simply a resource every leader should bookmark.
Leaders, what additional posts did you feel were outstanding reads this pastÂ week?Â Also, if you wrote something that you are particularly proud of,Â please tell us about it.Â I would love to read it.
Enter your email address here and start receiving future posts from this site.
Download your FREE copy of my new eBook The 2011 Year In Hollywood Movies â€“ Leadership Edition today by clicking here.