12 Quotes From Masters Champion Bubba Watson On Faith And Leadership
I join the millions who would like to congratulate Bubba Watson on winning the 2012 Masters golf tournament. The following are some quotes on leadership and faith from golf’s most creative performer as originally printed online last week by the Faith News Network. You can read the full article by clicking here:
- “For me, it’s just showing the Light. There’s people who want to put down Christians. I try to tell them Jesus loves you. It’s just a way to be strong in my faith.”
- “When someone tells him ‘Your God Tweets are lame,’ Watson responded with ‘I will pray for u and ur family.’”
- “Lecrae [a Christian rapper] said it the best. He doesn’t want to be a celebrity. He doesn’t want to be a superstar. He just wants to be the middle man for you to see God through him.”
- “I’ve really got a good team around me trying to help me succeed. Not just in golf, but off the golf course, to be a light for Jesus.”
- “For me it’s a way to get back connected with the Bible and with God and Jesus. Now you know other people you can talk to, ask questions to, tell them what you’re thinking, tell them what’s going on in your life.”
- “We [Bubba and his wife Angie] wanted to be Christ followers. We wanted to do the right thing. We started turning to the Lord for our decisions.”
- “I would say 2004 was my true time of becoming a Christian and shaping me into the man I am today.”
Watson is extremely popular on Twitter. You can follow him at www.twitter.com/bubbawatson. Some of his tweets are the following:
- “God made everything & saved us from our sins & gives us hope and gives us eternal life! #Godisgood”
- “Hebrews 13:6 So we say with confidence, ‘The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere man do to me?’”
- “The most important thing in my life? Answer after I golf 18 holes with @JustinRose99. #Godisgood”
- “Most important things in my life- 1. God 2. Wife 3. Family 4. Helping others 5. Golf”
- “Everyone @angieb1433 & I are proud new parents of a 1 month old baby boy name Caleb. Been a parent for 2 days. #amazing.”
Once again, congratulations Bubba. Nice guys do finish first!
Enter your email address here and start receiving future posts from this site.
Download your FREE copy of my new eBook The 2011 Year In Hollywood Movies - Leadership Edition today by clicking here.