The Top 10 Leadership Posts I Read The Week Of May 7th
The last week has been extraordinarily significant in terms ofÂ the impact ofÂ leadership decisions.Â From the heartbreaking death of Junior Seau to President Obama’s support of gay marriage, we are in a time in which leaders areÂ dealing with high-stakes issues that have generational and eternal impact.
As you are developing your decision grid and worldview as a leader, the following were the Top 10 Leadership Posts I read in the past week.Â Let me know your thoughts on these after reading them.
- Seau’s Death Sheds Light On Strain Of Life After FootballÂ by Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union Tribune.
- Chick-Fil-AÂ Leadercast by Paul Alexander.Â PaulÂ extracts the best leadership quotes and principles from each speaker of this event.
- Why Did Jesus Die? â€“ Jesus and PuppetÂ Pilate by BruxyÂ Cavey.Â This is an incredible reminder of what all Christians should focus on during the upcoming political season.Â Bruxy is probably Canadaâ€™s best known communicator. Heâ€™s the teaching pastor at The Meeting House in Toronto and a frequent conference speaker internationally.Â Wait until you see him!
- Junior Seau’s Death Sheds Light On Ignorance Of Depression by Christ McCosky ofÂ The Detroit News.
- How to Ensure Change Never Happens by Carey Nieuwhof.Â Â Carey answers the question of which members of your team do you need to have involved in theÂ process that leads to change.
- The Lost Steve Jobs TapesÂ by Brent Schlender at www.FastCompany.com. This feature contains one of my favorite new leadership quotes – People remember stories more than products.
- Brand New Research: Mother’s Day Is Top Non-Religious Holiday for Church AttendanceÂ by Ed Stetzer.Â Here is proof – we all love our mothers!
- 10 Reasons Why I’d MakeÂ A Terrible Feminist by Nikki WeatherfordÂ may beÂ the best post I have read in a long time.
- A Prayer For The Christian CreativeÂ by Carlos Whitaker is a no-holds barred look into the feelings of creative Christians.
- “Soft-Pedaling On Homosexuality?”by Pete Wilson which was prompted by Andy Stanley Sermon Illustration on Homosexuality Prompts Backlash by Christianity Today.
Also, I want to add 10 Habits Of Highly Effective Stewardship Pastors.Â Â Fellowship Bible Church, where I serve as an elder,Â was featured on this past Tuesday evening’s CBS NationalÂ News broadcast.Â To see the news clip andÂ hear how we are serving the poor and under-resourced in North Atlanta, click the link above.
Leaders,Â what other great leadership posts would you addÂ to this list?
Enter your email address here and start receiving future posts from this site.
Download your FREE copy of my new eBook The 2011 Year In Hollywood Movies â€“ Leadership Edition today by clicking here.