What Is A Leader’s Most Valuable Currency?
You can learn much by noticing whatÂ makes upÂ your most read posts.Â As I reviewed my list of Top 10 Most Read Posts of May 2012, an important leadership principle became apparent.
The most valuable currency a leader has is not position.Â It is not power.Â It is not your skill set, intellect, or background.Â These are all important but in the digital age the most valuable currency a leader has is generosity.
Look at the Top 10.Â Â Three posts were the top leadership posts I read during a given week by others.Â Â Each contained a link back to the original website.Â Two were guest posts by other incredible leaders.Â And finally, I wrote two posts about staff members at Fellowship Bible Church where I attend.
Pastors and leaders, if you want to expand your influence, start by being generous.Â Promote others.Â Tell their stories.Â Leaders who say, “Look at me” simplyÂ will not have the impact of those who are generous.Â Now on to the Top 10:
- 27 Leadership Quotes And Lessons From The Avengers Movie
- The Most Naturally Gifted Pastoral Leader I Have Seen In The Last 35 YearsÂ - This is aÂ wonderful guest post by the incredible pastor of Transformation Church in Rock Hill, SC, Derwin Gray.
- 13 Rights Successful Leaders Must Give Up
- 10 Habits Of Highly Effective Stewardship PastorsÂ - One of my all-time favorite posts.Â We made the national news!
- The Top 10 Leadership Posts I Read The Week Of May 1st
- The Top 10 Leadership Posts I Read The Week Of May 14th
- 10 Things I Want To Say To A Departing Friend And Leader
- 10 Reasons Why Iâ€™d Make A Terrible FeministÂ is a guest post by Nikki Weatherford.
- 3 Things That Pastors And Church Leaders Can Do That Will Always Work
- The Top 10 Leadership Posts I Read The Week Of May 7th
The following are three additional personal favorites that did not make the Top 10.Â IÂ trust thatÂ you willÂ enjoy them the 2nd time around.
- 13 Habits Of Highly Successful Innovators
- You Are A Leader!Â Now Lead!
- 10 Characteristics Of Effective Innovation
Finally, I want to thank everyone who visited this site during the past month.Â It is always humbling that you would give up some of your time to read the contents of each post.Â I look forward to interacting with you in June, and don’t forget to comment.
Enter your email address here and start receiving future posts from this site.
Download your FREE copy of my new eBook The 2011 Year In Hollywood Movies â€“ Leadership Edition today by clicking here.