18 Leadership Quotes On Success
Periodically I conduct what is called a “Quote Flush”.Â In an effort to please my wife, I go through a number of magazines, capture the great leadership quotes, and then permanently remove the old publications from the family coffee table and place them in the garbage.
With that as tonight’s project, the following are leadership quotes that will add value to anyone who serves people:
Sports Illustrated – June 18th
- “The Olympians in almost every sport are mutants.Â They’re at the far end of the bell curve.Â And they have the perfect body type, the perfect physio type and the perfect mind.Â They have the heart and mind.Â They can perform on that stage at that minute.” – unnamed former Olympic swimming coach
- “Not thinking about pressure has worked out for me.” – Jamaican sprinter Yohan Blake
- “I know poverty and it keeps me motivated.Â I want to be remembered as the greatest athlete ever to run.” – Blake
- “Russell (Westbrook) is an overachiever.Â He never takes days off; he’s never short of effort.Â He’s always trying to prove himself, and he feeds off the fact that people don’t believe in him.” – high school coach Reggie Morris
- “I’d keep telling him that no one was perfect but the great players keep moving forward, keep getting better.” – Russell Westbrook, Sr.
- “Russell has earned everything he achieved by being persistent and consistent.Â He had a resilience and grit to him.” – Thunder general manager Sam Presit
- “I know how to play when I’m match points down.Â This level of tennis is very mental, you know, lots of emotion.” – Novak Djokovic
- “I fight for every ball.Â That’s what I do.Â I fight, IÂ fight, I fight.” -Â Rafael Nadal
- Â ”It’s not a show for me.Â It’s my career.Â And I take it very seriously.” – Maria Sharapova
- “No matter how many punches I took, I’ve always gotten back up.” – Sharapova
- “She (Sharapova) is so completely involved in winning.Â Mental strength is her strength.” – Amelie Mauresmo
Sports Illustrated – June 25th
- “I couldn’t feel my legs most of the back nine.” – U.S. Open champion Webb Simpson
- “It was kind of aÂ crazy atmosphereÂ out there.Â You can see the he (Simpson) believes in himself.” – Nicolas Colsaerts
- “His putter was the difference for a long, long time.Â That was how he dominated.Â He doesn’t make them all like he used to.” – Davis Love III on Tiger Woods
- “I couldn’t have done this without her support.” – Simpson on his wife Dowd
- “Every hurdle is a chance to separate you rom the field.Â It’s all about the tiniest details.” – Lola Jones
- “There’s a certain selfishness involved, bit it’s not selfish.Â The closer has an uncomprimisingÂ belief in his ability.” – sports psychologist William Parham on NBA players who can close out games.
- “I’m going to shoot until my arm falls off in the fourth (quarter).Â That’s what I do.Â I don’t care if I miss it or if I make it.” – Kevin Durant
My wife is not happy, and so am I!Â What are some great leadership quotes you have read lately?
Subscribe here so future posts can be sent directly to your Inbox.Â Also, as a gift for doing so, I will also send you a FREE copy of my latest eBookÂ 151 Leadership Quotes: Timeless Truths That Will Make You A Better Leader.