20 Habits Of Highly Inspirational Leaders
Today I had the privilege of spending several hours with Senior Pastor Mike Linch of the great NorthStar Church in Kennesaw, GA. In addition to being my pastor for several years, he has been a dear friend for over a decade now. There is nothing I would not do for this man.
During one of our meetings Mike was so inspiring that I was ready to charge a hill on his behalf! While driving home from our time together, I began to process WHY I was so inspired. As I began to unpack the habits and qualities that make him so inspirational, it became apparent to me that this was something all leaders could learn from.
- Inspirational Leaders Are Trustworthy – You believe what they say.
- Inspirational Leaders Are Great Communicators – They have an innate ability to transfer information.
- Inspirational Leaders Have Great People Skills – You want to join them on their journey.
- Inspirational Leaders Possess A High Level Of Competence - They are highly skilled.
- Inspirational Leaders Are Incredibly Positive – They have great attitudes.
- Inspirational Leaders Have High Energy – They are not passive.
- Inspirational Leaders Are Extravagantly Generous – They make sure all your needs are met.
- Inspirational Leaders Surround Themselves With Quality People – It takes a team to make vision become reality.
- Inspirational Leaders Are Emotionally Secure – They let others shine.
- Inspirational Leaders Are Passionate – They own the results of the issue at hand.
- Inspirational Leaders Have A Plan – A good strategy is the difference between a plan and a daydream.
- Inspirational Leaders See Your Potential – They see the best in you and what you can add to the organization.
- Inspirational Leaders Are Compassionate – They care about what is going on in your life.
- Inspirational Leaders Are Inclusive – They are constantly looking for and adding new team members.
- Inspirational Leaders Are Creative – They are constantly looking outside-the-box and figuring out ways to make things work.
- Inspirational Leaders Trust Others – They allow their team to figure out solutions.
- Inspirational Leaders Attract Other Leaders – Leaders want to be part of something significant.
- Inspirational Leaders Craft Memorable Events – They create experiences people remember.
- Inspirational Leaders Prioritize Relationships – They value and proactively maintain long-lasting friendships.
- Inspirational Leaders Sacrifice For Others – Mike is a very busy and successful pastor. However, he was returning calls late into the day serving people and ministering to their needs. As I watched him do this, I thought back to February when he attended my dad’s funeral. He did not have to do that but that is the kind of person Mike is.
Writing this post gets me excited all over again! Pastors and leaders, what additional habits do you feel make someone a highly inspirational leader?
Subscribe here so future posts can be sent directly to your Inbox. Also, as a gift for doing so, I will also send you a FREE copy of my latest eBook 151 Leadership Quotes: Timeless Truths That Will Make You A Better Leader.