13 Reasons I Love Chick-fil-A
The firestorm that has resulted from Chick-fil-A President and COO Dan Cathy’s recent commentsÂ are overly excessive and another example of the loss of civility in American culture.Â As Americans, we have to reach a point where varying opinions can be respected and theÂ subsequent debateÂ result in healthy discourse.
With that being said, I would like to offer my opinions aboutÂ Mr. Cathy,Â theÂ Chick-fil-A franchise, andÂ the services they provide.
In short,Â I am a RAVING fan ofÂ Chick-fil-A!!!Â There is literally nothing about this organization or its leadership that I do not have the absolute highest amount of respect for.Â Â Privately owned, the CathysÂ and Chick-fil-AÂ are truly an American success story.
The following are 13 Reasons I Love Chick-fil-A:
- IÂ visited my first Chick-fil-AÂ restaurant in 1983.Â In 29 years, I have never been dissatisfied or gotten anything less thanÂ exceptionalÂ customer service.
- The Chick-fil-AÂ organization has created their own experience that is as unique and distinctiveÂ as what you willÂ getÂ at Starbucks.Â Different than Starbucks but equally distinctive.
- They are closed on Sundays.Â This creates scarcity which actually increases my desire for their food.
- The restaurant hasÂ the type of environmentÂ where I and other leadersÂ meet regularlyÂ to discuss life’s issues.
- An employeeÂ named A.J. who works at the Peachtree Industrial Boulevard location in Suwanee, GA.Â She walks the room at lunchtime, refills everyone’s drinks, gives us mints, takes care of children so mothers can get their meals together, smiles, says “Hello”, and most importantly, somehow knows all our names.
- IÂ personally attendedÂ hundreds of church, business, educational, and non-profit events where Chick-fil-A has provided our meals for free orÂ reduced costs.Â As a result, Chick-fil-A restaurants, more thanÂ member ofÂ the business community,Â are part of the fabric of each community they reside in.
- Chick-fil-AÂ and the Cathys have provided millions of dollarsÂ in scholarships forÂ young peopleÂ so they canÂ attend college andÂ haveÂ a hope and a future.
- The Saturday morningÂ breakfast buffetÂ at the Dwarf House in Woodstock, GAÂ isÂ marvelous.Â Â Heaven just may have a Chick-fil-A breakfast bar.
- They care for and love our children.Â Â With itsÂ Father-Daughter date nights, toy cows, playgrounds,Â balloons, and other items, Chick-fil-A creates opportunities for families to haveÂ healthy experiences, build solid foundations, and create lifelong memories.
- Incomparable Service.Â Â Chick-fil-A restaurantsÂ have the fastest service,Â friendliest employeesÂ who are happy to be there, and I have never been inÂ a store thatÂ was not absolutely clean and spotless.
- The marketing team’sÂ ad campaignsÂ with the cows are sheer genius.Â EAT MOR CHIKIN!
- Many locations play Christian musicÂ over their speakers.Â Eating at Chick-fil-A truly is good for the soul.
- Oh, and did I mention the food?Â Chick-fil-A servesÂ absolutely the best chicken sandwich you can buy.
In a couple of years, my daughter will be enteringÂ the workforce.Â The highest compliment I can give any business is that I would want her learning, growing, and developing as part of your organization.Â The place my wife and I are praying she gets a job is at Chick-fil-A.
I would like to thank the Cathy family for their integrity, character, and vision for making lives better by serving our communities great food with a smile.Â My family will be at one of your stores on August 1st showing our support, if not sooner simply because we are hungry.
As a bonus, located below is a CNN interview with Ken Coleman after Mr. Cathy appeared on his radio program.Â Ken brings a balanced approach to the debate thatÂ gives usÂ a model for how our nation should handle differing opinions.
What are your thoughts ofÂ Mr. Cathy’s comments and the Chick-fil-A franchise?
Subscribe here so future posts can be sent directly to your Inbox. Also, as a gift for doing so, I will also send you a FREE copy of my latest eBook 151 Leadership Quotes: Timeless Truths That Will Make You A Better Leader.