13 Attributes Of A Foolish Leader
It is often said that there is no fool like an old fool.Â That is true for people in general and especiallyÂ for leaders.Â So what does a foolish leader look like?Â Are there common threads to foolish leadership?Â Â How do you know a foolish leader when you see one?
Several years ago my pastor Crawford LorittsÂ gave a wonderfulÂ profile ofÂ foolish leadership.Â The following areÂ 13 attributes of a foolish leader.Â See if any of these describe you or someone you know.
- Foolish leaders reject wisdom,Â discernment, and instruction.
- Foolish leaders hate knowledge.
- Foolish leaders do not make sense.
- Foolish leaders are unstable.
- Foolish leaders lack self-control.
- Foolish leaders will not do the necessary and basic requirements for success.
- Foolish leaders frequently practiceÂ impulse behavior.
- Foolish leaders do not go far in life.Â They are restricted by their senselessness.
- Foolish leaders cannot handle prosperity.
- Foolish leaders live for trouble.
- Foolish leaders have damaging speech and a loose tongue.
- Foolish leaders are blinded by their own foolishness.
- The behavior of foolish leaders eventually becomes their nature.
If any of these attributes describes you, please know there is hope.Â The answer to foolishness is to develop discernment.Â The following are four things any leader can do to develop that needed discernment:
- Ask God to make you a student of truth.Â Stop falling and settling for counterfeit options.
- Become a student of wise leaders.Â Specifically, how they behave and talk to others.
- Learn from your poor judgement in the past.
- Honor truth.Â You must be aware of and give the Holy Spirit active control in your life.Â Pay attention those checks in your heart.
IfÂ we live long enough, we will all sooner or later serve under foolish leaders.Â Therefore, what additional attributes have you seen in foolish leaders?
Subscribe here so future posts can be sent directly to your Inbox. Also, as a gift for doing so, I will also send you a FREE copy of my latest eBook 151 Leadership Quotes: Timeless Truths That Will Make You A Better Leader.