The Top 10 Leadership Posts I Read The Week Of August 13th
Don’t you hate it when someone holds up a mirror to your life and you see allÂ your blemishes and imperfections?Â That is what I felt like this past week as I readÂ oneÂ convicting leadership post after another.Â As leaders, we must often go through this process because it simply makes us more effective.
With that said, the following are the Top 10 LeadershipÂ Posts I Read TheÂ Week Of August 13th.Â See if any of these convict you as well.Â
- You Can’t Be Effective When You’re Too Smart For Your Own GoodÂ by Patty Azzarello at www.FastCompany.com.Â Are you the smartest person in the room?Â If so, you better read this.
- The Identity of a Pastor by Brandon Cox.Â Thanks Brandon for helping us having a proper perspective.
- Take Responsibility for Inspiration. Create Like Itâ€™s Your Job. by Shauna Niequist via Margaret Feinberg
- Why I Will Be Posting Less by Michael Hyatt – Beginning in September, I will be making some changes based upon this post.
- Watch: 5 Ways To Generate Killer Ideas, From An Infographics PowerhouseÂ by Suzanne LaBarre at www.FastCompany.com.Â What I like about this post is the unique way the author utilizes extraordinary graphics to tell a very practical story.Â
- Through an Immigrantâ€™s EyesÂ by Chris Lautsbaugh.Â Chris is a missionary and brings a different perspective to this divisive issue.
- 10 Churches under the RadarÂ by Brad Lomenick.Â Great resource!
- ReflecionsÂ on a Curious Book: â€œThe Decline of African AmericanÂ Theology,â€ by ThabitiÂ AnyabwileÂ by Bryan Crawford Loritts.Â Bryan is the son of my pastor, Dr. Crawford Loritts.Â All I can say is, “Wow!”
- Leadership Training Doesnâ€™t WorkÂ by Geoff SurrattÂ - Geoff is one of America’s greatest pastors.Â A true pioneer.Â However, I disagree with this specificÂ post.Â I think there is a distinction between leader training (the development ofÂ a person) and leadership training (equipping them to performÂ a task).Â However, it is a very thought-provoking article.
- 11 Ways To Promote Your Twitter HandleÂ by Scott Williams.Â If you haven’t subscribed to Scott’s site, www.BigIsTheNewSmall.com, do so today.
Â What other great leadership posts did you read this past week?
Subscribe here so future posts can be sent directly to your Inbox. Also, as a gift for doing so, I will also send you a FREE copy of my latest eBook 151 Leadership Quotes: Timeless Truths That Will Make You A Better Leader.