The Secret To Successfully Serving Church Leaders
Yesterday I had the privilege of attending the Preaching RocketÂ conference in Atlanta.Â ThisÂ event was put on by Casey Graham’s organization that helps equip pastors to be better communicators.Â If you can make it to one of their training sessions, don’t miss it!Â Click here to find an event near you.
While there, I had an interesting conversation with my friend Richard Chancy of Cogun Builders.Â Richard was thanking me for beingÂ kind to his organization and him personally.Â I said, “I believe what Seth Godin has said.Â It is more important to spread the message (getting churches connected withÂ those who can help them) than it isÂ who gets credit or compensatedÂ for it.Â If you spread the message, those thingsÂ will take care of themselves.”Â
Richard’s responseÂ hit me like a ton of bricks.Â He said, “Brian, most people don’t think that way.”Â
As I was looking at the list of my Top 10 Leadership Posts Of August 2012, I thought about Richard’s words.Â Six of the Top 10 focused on other church leaders.
Based upon Seth Godin’s influence in my life, Richard’s words, my Top 10 list from the last month, and most importantly, my personal experience, I have discovered the secret to successfully serving church leaders.
TheÂ secret to successfully serving church leaders isÂ Extravagant Generosity!
Equip yourself to be able to help them.Â Answer the questionsÂ theyÂ are asking.Â Listen intently to their hearts.Â Give them more than they ask for.Â Ask for nothing from a church leaderÂ until you first give them something.Â Build up their leaders.Â Protect their reputations.Â Always give credit to others.Â Point to them and say, “Look at them!”Â And love them unconditionally.
The following are my Top 10 posts From August 2012 that hopefully demonstrateÂ my desire to serve church leaders with extravagant generosity:
- 7 Websites Every Christian Should Read On A Daily Basis
- 4 Reasons Top Leaders May Be Leaving Your Church
- 35 Inspirational Hall Of Fame Leadership Quotes By Curtis Martin
- 13 Attributes Of A Foolish Leader
- The Top 10 Leadership Posts I Read The Week Of August 13th
- A Common Link Between 10 Growing Churches
- The Top 10 Leadership Posts I Read The Week Of July 30th
- Live Notes From The Global Leadership Summit â€“ 17 Quotes From Bill Hybels Closing Session
- 4 Indicators That Your Church Is Making Progress
- The Top 10 Leadership Lessons I Learned Working For John Maxwell Part 1
Also, the following are three posts that were personal favorites that did not make the Top 10.
- A Beautiful Picture Of What A Multi-Cultural, Multi-Generational Church Looks LikeÂ - Make sure you watch the baptism video.
- 10 Habits Of Great Leadership Writers
- The One Thing Leaders Must Have To Survive Shocking And Unexpected Events
I want to thank each of you for visiting this site the past month.Â It truly is humbling that you would give up some of your valuable time to visit this site.Â I trust it added value to you and that you will return often in the future.
If you enjoyed those quotes, subscribe here so future posts can be sent directly to your Inbox. Also, as a gift for doing so, I will also send you a FREE copy of my latest eBook 151 Leadership Quotes: Timeless Truths That Will Make You A Better Leader.