11 Qualities Of A Highly Indispensible Leader
We’ve all heard that no one is irreplaceable.Â Â However,Â there areÂ practices that can make you indispensible as a leader.
Recently, JeffriÂ Chadiha of www.ESPN.com identified the Top 10 players in the NFL that would be the toughest to replace.Â As I read Chadiha’sÂ article, I found the parallels very applicable to allÂ leaders regardless of their area of discipline.Â To read Chadiha’s full article, click here.
The following are the qualities of Top 10 Most Indispensable Players In The NFL and what makes them so difficult to replace:
- Competence andÂ Confidence -Â In his rookie season, quarterback Cam Newton made the Carolina Panthers relevant again.Â Â The team simply could not compensate for his confidence and overall talent if it were missed.
- Overall Effect On Team PerformanceÂ -Â As valuable as quarterbackÂ Tom BradyÂ and fellow tight end Aaron HernandezÂ are to the New England Patriots, their play sufferedÂ immenselyÂ whenÂ Rob Gronkowski played injured during last year’s Super Bowl.Â Â
- Compensate For OthersÂ - Great leaders fill gaps in the organization.Â Â With head coach Sean Peyton suspended for the season,Â quarterback Drew Brees must fill the leadership void.
- LoyaltyÂ - Few things matter more than protecting the reputation and the success of the leader you serve.Â Â Denver Broncos left tackle Ryan Clady has the primary responsibility this year ofÂ protecting quarterback Peyton Manning and his surgically repaired neck.Â
- Make Others Better – Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers has great talent around him.Â So do many quarterbacks in the NFL.Â What makes Rodgers special is that he knows better than mostÂ how toÂ maximize hisÂ supporting cast.
- CharacterÂ - The Cincinnati Bengals have a well-publicisedÂ history of players with poor character.Â That is why star wide receiverÂ A.J. GreenÂ is a breath of fresh air.Â The low-maintenanceÂ Green helped the BengalsÂ exceed expectations while providing no distractions.
- HumblenessÂ - Indispensible leaders find their success in the success of others.Â One the reasons that Ray LewisÂ has been able to extend his career is because defensiveÂ tackle HalotiÂ NgataÂ has freed Lewis andÂ others up to play to their strengths.
- Great Timing – Detroit Lions superstar wide receiver Calvin JohnsonÂ made his biggest playsÂ when the team needed it the most.Â Johnson had touchdown catches in three come-from-behind victories last season.
- High ProductionÂ - What makes Dallas Cowboys defensive end DeMarcus WareÂ so valuable is thatÂ he simply produces…a lot!!Â With little help around him,Â he had 19.5 of the team’s 42 sacks last season.
- VersatilityÂ - New York Jets cornerbackÂ DarrelleÂ ReavisÂ can cover any type of receiver regardless of their experience, size, or speed.
Competence, Confidence, Improve The Team’s Performance, Compensate For Others, Make Others Better, Loyalty, Character, Humbleness,Â Great Timing, High Production, and Versatility.Â If you possess these 11 qualities, you too are probably an Indispensible Leader.
WhatÂ one of these 11Â areasÂ can youÂ improve in today as a leader?
Subscribe here so future posts can be sent directly to your Inbox. Also, as a gift for doing so, I will also send you a FREE copy of my latest eBook 151 Leadership Quotes: Timeless Truths That Will Make You A Better Leader.