Great Job Posting For Director Of Online Marketing And Sales From The Rocket Company
I am an absolute RAVING FAN of Casey Graham, Founder and CEO of The Rocket Company.Â For those of who may be unaware, Casey heads up Giving Rocket and Preaching Rocket.Â These organizations help thousands of pastors and church leaders annually better lead their churches.Â Â They areÂ growing like crazy!
They have an incredible job posting for a Director Of Online Marketing And Sales on their website that you need to know about.Â To read the full description as well as next steps, click here butÂ a general overview of this position is below.Â I cannot recommend this company enough!
Primary Areas of Responsibility
This positionâ€™s success will be measured against our three marketing & sales metrics:
1. Attracting new people to our website, events, & content.
2. Building an enormous email/contact list of church leadersâ€™ information.
3. Converting sales & hitting projections consistently.
Marketing System: You will be responsible for building the infrastructure & system that accomplishes the first two steps in our marketing funnel (A & B)
A â€“ Attract Unique Visitors To Our Website Through All Methods & Means
- Facebook, Twitter, YouTube
- Publishing on other sites/blogs.
- Any other means necessary to bring new & unique traffic.
- Referring partnerships.
B â€“ Build Our Email/Contact List Through Collection Of Information
- Develop landing pages that collect information.
- Execute content strategy so people will give us all their contact information.
- Sales System: Creating & leading the team, strategy & infrastructure for step C in our marketing funnel.
C â€“ Convert Sales
- Metric-driven sales funnel.
- Email list strategies to sell.
- Copywriting to sell online & in person.
- Creating upsell strategies.
- Any additional strategies to produce a sale.
Goals and Expectations
- Jump right into the team, adding their skills and experiences to the mix to help us accomplish our mission by expanding into new markets quickly & sustainably.
- Become an expert at understanding all-things-Infusionsoft (our marketing & sales automation software).
- Develop the long-term plan to build an amazing team for Marketing & Sales.
- Create scalable systems through which we sell (not freewheeling) thought of the day type stuff.
- Live & die off metrics. This person has to be highly motivated to innovate new ways to Attract, Build & Convert.
- Not need someone to give them direction in their job. While we will work together, this person has to be the type of leader with ideas & thinks for themselves.
- Make decisions with the interest of all parties in mind.
- Full of ideas
- Have an attitude of constant-improvement
- Understand the church world.
- Proficient with technology.
- Great references and youâ€™re good at what you do.
- Lead a team of people who can get stuff done for you.
- Formal education is not a predetermining factor for the selection of a new Director of Online Marketing & Sales. However, it is likely that they will hold a Bachelorâ€™s degree from an accredited college or university. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of online marketing and sales experience.
Three specific skills stand out:
1. Developing a team. You know how to pull great people together to accomplish significant tasks. You recognize that a team is stronger than an individual and involve other people in the process. You are a leader.
2. Communication. You are strong in written and verbal communication. You know how to make things better. You know how to make good decisions that will reflect relationships over profits with our members.
3. Contribute to and execute a strategic plan that can be implemented by the Marketing & Sales team.
Necessary skills for success in this position:
- Understanding of InfusionSoft-like CRM system or proficiency to learn.
- Understanding of online marketing, including email marketing, copyrighting, social media, etc.
- Understanding of SEO, Analytics, Split-testing, etc.
- Understanding of basic HTML
- Proficient knowledge of WordPress.
Your Personal Characteristics
- You embody the core values of The Rocket Company.
- You have a spirit of flexibility and youâ€™re willing and able to handle change.
- You have a strong work ethic and a â€œget it doneâ€ mentality.
- Youâ€™re a team player and a team builder who focuses on the success of the entire organization.
- If youâ€™re married, youâ€™re a good spouse. If you have kids, youâ€™re a good parent.
- You would work Monday â€“ Friday, about 40 hours a week.
- You would participate in weekly team meetings, monthly strategic meetings, quarterly off-sites and annual retreats.
- Youâ€™d stay in touch with your supervisor (the Chief Executive Officer) on a daily basis.
- You could travel with the team approximately 15-20 times a year.
Once again, if you are interested, please click here for the next steps.
Subscribe here so future posts can be sent directly to your Inbox. Also, as a gift for doing so, I will also send you a FREE copy of my latest eBook 151 Leadership Quotes: Timeless Truths That Will Make You A Better Leader.