8 Reasons Why Leaders Succeed Or Fail
Leaders are naturally wired for advancement.Â They are constantly moving forward.Â They are taking people somewhere.Â And even if you feel overwhelmed as a leader or not up-to-the-task,Â the responsibilities of leadership still require that you lead.
So whether you lead a church, business, department, sports team, or non-profit, whatÂ areÂ the nonnegotiables, those things you must have,Â as you prepare toÂ see mission and vision fulfilled?Â There are many reasonsÂ why leaders fail butÂ without these 8 nonnegotiables, you will surely do so.
The following will provide youÂ a good checklist of what youÂ help you succeed or fail as a leader:
- Passion – It leaks.Â You must own the results.Â This speaks to your self-leadership.
- Trust – Trust often takes a lifetime to build but can be lost at a moment in time.Â Stay diligent becauseÂ failures, past and present,Â can sink you as a leader.Â This speaks both to your character and competence.Â
- Preparation – Leaders will either prepare or repair.Â It is preparation that separates average leaders from great ones.
- VisionÂ -Â Your organization’sÂ vision must be well thought-through and viewed as absolutely vital.Â As a leader, you must bleed the vision.Â Â Vision will become lost with the people when the leader losesÂ their personalÂ link to vision.
- FocusÂ - The compellingness of the visionÂ should provide focus andÂ prioritize your activities.Â Â
- Values – This determines what is essential to you as a leader.
- Work Ethic – This is not just hard work.Â It is what you as a leader chooseÂ to work on.Â It’s an old saying but it’s true, the speed of the leader will determine the speed of the team.Â Â Â Â
- AÂ Quality Inner-Circle – Are you deeply investing in other leaders?Â Are you multiplying yourself?Â Â Are your leaders informed?Â Â Here are four questionsÂ all successful leaders shouldÂ ask of their inner-circle:
- Do you have questions or concerns about me as a leader?
- Are you personally committed to giving your absolute best to the organization’s mission and vision?
- Do you clearly understand our vision?
- Are we collectively committed as an inner-circle to the fulfillment of the vision?
Passion, Trust, Preparation, Vision, Focus, Values, Work Ethic, and A Quality Inner-Circle.Â Do you have these 8 qualities?Â The answer to that question may determine if you succeed or fail as a leader.
Leaders, what is one thing from this list that you feel you need to work on today?
Subscribe here so future posts can be sent directly to your Inbox. Also, as a gift for doing so, I will also send you a FREE copy of my latest eBook 151 Leadership Quotes: Timeless Truths That Will Make You A Better Leader.