12 Signs Of Leaders Who Make A Little Difference In The World
I love the above commercial from KFC. From a leadership perspective, it is just funny. The humor results from the irony that thinking little is counter-intuitive to how we are supposed to be. Leaders are supposed to be pioneers, always breaking boundaries and discovering new ground.
However, I run into little leaders on a regular basis. These are leaders who wrap themselves in the status quo like a warm blanket. The following are 12 Signs Of Little Leaders Who Make A Little Difference In The World:
- Little leaders view financial exchanges as expense rather than investment.
- Little leaders views ideas and resources are scarce rather than in abundance.
- Little leaders see why ideas can’t work rather than why they can.
- Little leaders think short-term rather than long-term.
- Little leaders never get out of their comfort zone.
- Little leaders resist change and never trying anything new. All innovation is resisted.
- Little leaders see things exclusively from their perspective.
- All decisions are made for individual good rather than the good of the organization.
- Little leaders self-promote rather than promote or give credit to others.
- Little leaders play the devil’s advocate.
- Little leaders refuse to embrace and leverage social media.
- Little leaders eat dust rather than make it.
So if this describes you, put on your little boy pants, go to your little boy office, dream little dreams, and go make a little difference in the lives of others! You will have little-time influence and leave a little legacy. But I don’t think anyone of us really want that. Do we?
Subscribe here so future posts can be sent directly to your Inbox. Also, as a gift for doing so, I will also send you a FREE copy of my latest eBook 151 Leadership Quotes: Timeless Truths That Will Make You A Better Leader.