The Top 10 Christian Women Bloggers You Should Be Reading
This post is dedicated to Dr. Diane Pearce. Dr. Pearce is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. In addition treating those suffering from depression, anxiety, abuse, attachment and eating disorders since 1984, she is an incredible Christian leader.
Not to overstate the obvious but Diane is a woman. I served with her on the Management Team of my church for a period of time. This executive leadership team was our equivalent to elders, deacons, or Council members. I want to make a bold statement but one I believe to be true. Dr. Pearce is the most insightful, talented, and knew more about attaching the hearts of people to mission and vision than any non-staff executive church leader I have ever served alongside of.
For churches that do not include women in key roles of influence, you are robbing your congregation of a perspective that only comes only from the female persuasion. There are several Christian women bloggers who I read regularly. They expand my thinking, expose my blind spots, and make me a better leader. If you read the following 10 Christian Women Bloggers and Leaders, listed in alphabetical order, they will make you a better leader as well.
- Christine Caine - Christine and her husband Nick are the founders of The A21 Campaign, an anti-human trafficking organization with the ambition of abolishing slavery in the 21st century. As director of Equip and Empower Ministries, Christine is an avid believer in the hope-giving power of the local church and is passionate about the responsibility of the church to rise up and make a difference in the lives of hurting people around the world.
- Jenni Catron - Jenni writes the website Leading In Shades Of Grey and serves as the Executive Director of Cross Point Church in Nashville, TN, an 8-year old multi-site church. She leads the staff of Cross Point and oversees the ministry of its five campuses.
- Nicole Cottrell – Raw and unfiltered, Nicole writes the INCREDIBLE blog www.ModernReject.com. Nicole says, “If you’re a truth-seeking, no B.S., Jesus-loving ninja, then hello, this blog is for you. If you desire freedom, like me, then this blog is for you. If you’re hoping to find a community of believers who will challenge you, edify you, and encourage you then this blog is for you.” Well, then your blog is for me!
- Sheree DeCouto – Sheree serves on staff as the Women’s Ministry Director at my home church, Fellowship Bible Church in Roswell, Georgia. She is a Bible teacher, speaker, spiritual coach for leaders, event coordinator, writer and mentor. Her blog posts telling the story of her battle with cancer were the most inspirational posts of any writer I read this past year.
- Mary DeMuth - An incredible author and blogger, Mary describes herself as the following: “I love Jesus, my sweet family, and my ordinary life. My aspiration? To help you live uncaged–to be able to fully embrace the freedom-infused life God has for you.”
- Margaret Feinberg - Margaret is a popular Bible teacher and speaker at churches and leading conferences such as Catalyst, Thrive and Extraordinary Women. Her books and Bible studies have sold over 600,000 copies and received critical acclaim and extensive national media coverage from CNN, the Associated Press, USA Today, Los Angeles Times, Washington Post and more. She was recently named one of the 30 Voices who will help lead the church in the next decade by Charisma magazine and one of the ’40 Under 40’ who will shape Christian publishing by Christian Retailing magazine.
- Jen Hatmaker - An accomplished author and speaker, Jen’s messages are constantly developing, but in general, her talks center on application discipleship, living on mission, serving the poor, biblical proficiency and obedience, and engaging God’s dreams for this planet.
- Lindsey Nobles – Lindsey serves at Project 7}. She works furiously for Food for the Hungry to mobilize others to go to the hard places and bring hope and help to the children. Lindsey has a widening heart for orphan care and has been doing what she can to mobilize friends and followers to see children in the same light that she does. She’s been a blogger for Compassion International and visited some of their projects in Guatemala City. Read how it changed her life.
- Priscilla Shirer - This world-renowned author, teacher, and speaker probably needs no introduction to anyone. But just in case, in addition to Priscilla’s participation in many church and para-church conferences across the globe each year, Going Beyond Ministries hosts numerous events of its own which draw a wide variety of women from different age groups and backgrounds.
- Lyn Smith – As someone very passionate about ending human trafficking, Lyn uses compassionate personal experience, the Bible, and God-given wisdom in her ministry to reveal the one and only way out of shackles and into a life of confidence—a real, personal relationship with Jesus.
That is my list. If you are not reading these incredible Christian leaders, you are not growing and reaching your full potential.
Pastors and church leaders, what additional female Christian bloggers do you read?
Subscribe here so future posts can be sent directly to your Inbox. Also, as a gift for doing so, I will also send you a FREE copy of my latest eBook 151 Leadership Quotes: Timeless Truths That Will Make You A Better Leader.