5 Leadership Quotes From Heisman Trophy Winner Texas A&M’s Johnny Manziel
Tonight, the 2012 Heisman Trophy was awarded to Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel. As Texas A&M’s second player to win the prestigious honor and the first freshman to ever win the award, “Johnny Football” electrified the nation with statistics better than Cam Newton’s award-winning season.
The following are his leadership quotes as well as from others in tonight’s telecast of the awards ceremony:
Prior To The Announcement
- “I want to leave it all on the field and wear my heart on my sleeve.” – Manziel
- “I want to honor the Lord with what He had given me.” – Collin Klein
- “You got to take everything in stride.” – Klein on not kissing his wife until their wedding day.
- “Football provides me a platform to be an example to people.” – Manti Te’o
- “People are going to have more tackles than me, more interceptions than, but I want my teammates to remember how I made them feel.” – Te’o
- “College football is pure.” – Te’o
- “You taught us about passion and about heart.” – Manziel to his high school coaches.
- “Most of all I want to thank God for allowing me to be here.”
- “Leadership, respect, and putting others first is what the 12th man is all about.”
- “After the game you have 24 hours to celebrate it and then you move on.”
Subscribe here so future posts can be sent directly to your Inbox. As a gift for doing so, I will also send you a FREE copy of my brand new eBook 455 Leadership Quotes: Lessons From 2012′s Top Christian Conference Speakers.