10 Leadership Lessons From Ray Lewis “No Weapon” Postgame Speech
There is no leader currently more inspirational that the Baltimore Ravens legendary middle linebacker Ray Lewis. The video above was shot immediately after the Ravens overtime victory against the Denver Broncos.
While it is certainly justifiable to be sucked into the emotion of Lewis, there are 10 very tangible leadership principles that you can take from the video that if applied will make you a better leader.
- Great Leaders Lead From A Biblical Foundation – The first words spoken by Lewis were when he quoted the prophet Isaiah “No weapon formed against you shall prosper.” (54:17)
- Great Leaders Respect Others – Lewis took time to stop his interview to acknowledge Peyton Manning and show him respect.
- Great Leaders Have Great Belief In What God Can Do – Lewis reminded us that God can do the impossible.
- Great Leaders Are Confident – This confidence flows from preparation and past performance.
- Great Leaders Find A Way To Succeed – Great leaders do not make excuses. They simply find a way to get it done.
- Great Leaders Bring People Together – Lewis’s passion has simply been the unifying force of the Ravens for over a decade.
- Great Leaders Are Well-Prepared – The Ravens defense studied film and found tendencies that resulted in an overtime interception that led the team to victory.
- Great Leaders Point Out Issues – The special teams gave up two touchdowns. I am very confident Lewis and others will address that in practice this week.
- Great Leaders Never Give Up – Lewis pointed out the team simply kept fighting until the end.
- Great Leaders Are Great Encouragers - This principle comes from watching the video below. Lewis reminded quarterback Joe Flacco that they have faced a similar situation before and the team prevailed.
Ray Lewis is simply one of the greatest leaders in the history of sports. What is one thing you learned from these 10 lessons that can improve your leadership TODAY?
Subscribe here so future posts can be directly to your Inbox. As a gift for doing so, I will also send you a FREE copy of my brand new eBook 455 Leadership Quotes: Lessons From 2012′s Top Christian Conference Speakers.