20 Leadership Quotes From The New Artie Davis Book Craveable
Earlier this month, I recognized Artie Davis as one the Top 25 Christian Bloggers you should be following. Artie views ministry and life as creatively as anyone you will ever read. He is the Senior Pastor and Church Multiplier of Cornerstone Church. Artie is also the Director of The Sticks & author of the upcoming book Craveable.
Craveable teaches us that the church will be more craveable to people in our communities when the Christ-followers in them become more craveable. Those truly reflecting the beauty of the kingdom of God should be “craveable” to others outside the kingdom, not detestable!
This book is challenging. The chapter that impacted me most was on impacting culture. The following are 20 quotes from that section that all Christian leaders should read. I highly recommend you click here or on the image above to order your copy today!
- Our culture shapes how we interpret people, actions, events, emotions, food, entertainment and more…And in every place, every person’s view of God is affected by us!
- Some people deceptively think that all you need to do to reach a city is preach the Bible. Are you kidding me?
- We are not living in a time where people respect the authority of the Bible.
- Culture is not evil, by the way. Culture has evil parts, but it is not evil in itself.
- A craveable church is able to communicate something relevant…something that is useful in everyday life, understandable, and valuable.
- The Bible is the most relevant book in history.
- The Bible is simple, but that does not mean that it’s easy to live by.
- Providing information is easy, but making application is hard.
- Desperate people attend our church every single week to give God and church one last chance.
- We must communicate sound, biblical truth in simple, applicable ways. We must place the Word of God on a shelf they can reach.
- If we are out of touch, they will not listen. Jesus was in touch with the culture of His time; so must we be.
- The church needs to be students of the culture they serve so they can communicate.
- Culture will always be changing. To reach people in culture, we must understand the times and let God change our “hows” so we can speak to people.
- If you really care about people, you will put aside your pharisaical attitude and embrace a world needing to understand and be understood.
- Relevance really does make a church craveable.
- How stupid we are to expect out-of-bounds people to live holy lives and judge them when they do not. I expect out-of-bounds people to be themselves.
- We can speak the language of the culture, but sometimes our words need to be better than culture.
- Our words come from our hearts. And if our words are ugly, our hearts are ugly.
- People in any culture need to be loved and accepted. Acceptance of a person is not the approval of all the things they love.
- To be effective, the local church must be students of the culture.
Subscribe here so future posts can be sent directly to your Inbox. As a gift for doing so, I will also send you a FREE copy of my brand new eBook 455 Leadership Quotes: Lessons From 2012′s Top Christian Conference Speakers.