14 Leadership Quotes From Jim And John Harbaugh’s Super Bowl Press Conference
As a parent I cannot imagine the emotions going through Jack and Jackie Harbaugh as they watch their sons Jim and John coach their respective teams in this year’s Super Bowl. I would think the term “proud” does not even begin to scratch the surface of their emotions.
On Friday, Jim, coaching the San Francisco 49ers, and John, coaching the Baltimore Ravens, participated in a joint press conference to discuss the game, their coaching styles, and their relationship as brothers. The following are 14 quotes that all leaders can learn from
- “I would love to work for Jim…It would be an honor to have him on the staff. You always try to get great coaches and there’s none better than Jim Harbaugh.”
- “It’s not going to be about how we’re going to feel. Every coach, every player, and everyone in the organization, when you win it’s jubilation and when you lose it’s bitter disappointment.”
- “We are fiercely loyal and protective of one another, but also of our teams.”
- “It’s the little plays along the way that makes the difference…The guys that make plays will be the one that wins the game.”
- “We had the same week we have every week.”
- “It’s going to be the guys out there on the field whose faces are marred with blood, sweat, and dust. It’s going to be those guys who determine the outcome of the game.”
- “No one would fight for us more than our mom…She made it very clear that we had each other’s back no matter what.”
- “When you watch your family member play, you are more nervous than they are by far…I was always completely and enormously proud of him (Jim) as a player.”
- “What brought us here is a lot of guys playing well…Good coaches coaching really well.”
- “All the great teachers make it about their students. Our dad told us that coaches are teachers first.”
- ”As I look back on the season the greatest memory is how our players played.” – Then he named 6 specific players who made significant contributions.
- “The way our players have played to me is why we’re here, not any coaching decision or things we did as kids.”
- “There is nobody in the family who competes like my mother. She competes like a maniac…She believed in me.”
- “Those were signature years for me.” – on his days as a Chicago Bear
The Harbaughs are a picture of everything that is right about leadership. Sadly, someone must lose on Sunday. I am predicting a Ravens victory, but close, 31-28. Who do you think will win?
Subscribe here so future posts can be sent directly to your Inbox. As a gift for doing so, I will also send you a FREE copy of my brand new eBook 455 Leadership Quotes: Lessons From 2012′s Top Christian Conference Speakers.