This afternoon’s session included Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski, the winningest coach in college basketball history. Coach K gave some incredible insights into building a team by recounting his experience as the Team USA coach which included LeBron James and Kobe Bryant.
The following thoughts should be read by all leaders:
- As a leader you are always looking to get some street cred.
- Part of being a leader is developing close associations that make you all better.
- As a leader you can’t hold back. If you got something to say, you got to say it.
- The most dynamic profession on this earth is being a leader.
- As you leader you should want to get better every day. You must get out of your comfort zone.
- A leader is someone who puts his people in position to be successful all the time. They create an environment conducive to success. You create a culture of success.
- We never use the word delegate. We use the word empower. Every job in your organization is important.
- The most important thing about leadership is communication.
- When we talk to each other, we look in each other’s eyes. There are no headsets.
- Always tell the truth.
- If you have a team and you have to wonder what each other is saying, you’re not together.
- As a leader, you should tell the truth and accept the truth.
- What the truth does (is allow you) to take immediate action. You have no hidden agendas.
- Every successful leader has trust. Two is better than one because two does it as one. The ability to develop trust is paramount. When you don’t have trust, two are worse than one.
- Don’t leave your ego at the door. Bring them in. I want you to be you. You is on the back of the jersey. USA.
- We’re going to talk about how we’re going to live together. – To members of the USA Basketball team.
- Rules don’t lead. Rules sometimes aren’t owned by the people being ruled. Standards are owned by everyone.
- Thank goodness you only play away games. –To the troops
- If you’re a good leader, you must have moments of truth.
- Don’t be late. It shows disrespect to others and your enemies.
- Care equals resilency.
- Play good defense and we’re going to rebound.
- No excuses.
- Leadership is an everyday thing. It’s different everyday.
Would you like to hear how Andy Stanley, Steven Furtick, Louie Giglio, and Mark Driscoll prepare their messages?
All of this happens on Wednesday, May 16 at 4pm EDT. And best of all, it’s 100% free. Preach Better Sermons is a free, four-hour, online conference focused on helping communicators prepare and deliver messages that matter. Some of the best communicators in the world will unpack preaching principles you can use right away.
It’s 100% free and since it happens online, there are no travel costs. Click here to register for the event now.
Subscribe here so future posts can be sent directly to your Inbox. As a gift for doing so, I will also send you a FREE copy of my brand new eBook 455 Leadership Quotes: Lessons From 2012′s Top Christian Conference Speakers.