The afternoon’s final session featured Navy SEAL LCDR Rorke Denver. LCDR Denver is a true American hero and gave arguably the most inspirational presentation of the day.
The following thoughts from LCDR Roarke should be read by all leaders:
- I like explaining the quitting policy early on.
- What differentiates SEALS from other units is our training.
- As a leader, one of the funnest things about SEAL training is we go through the training with them.
- Everyone keeps a tactical reserve. Your inch is your opportunity to constantly improve in an elite environment.
- Every team should have a battle cry.
- As leaders, people at a minimum are going to mimic your behavior. SEALS are going to amplify your behavior. Calm is contagious.
- Panic is contagious. Stupid is 100% contagious.
- Over 200 missions, all my guys have come back with me.
- A covenant exists between a nation’s warriors and its civilians.
- All of you are giving us something to fight for. There is no other reason to go into harms way.
Would you like to hear how Andy Stanley, Steven Furtick, Louie Giglio, and Mark Driscoll prepare their messages?
All of this happens on Wednesday, May 16 at 4pm EDT. And best of all, it’s 100% free. Preach Better Sermons is a free, four-hour, online conference focused on helping communicators prepare and deliver messages that matter. Some of the best communicators in the world will unpack preaching principles you can use right away.
It’s 100% free and since it happens online, there are no travel costs. Click here to register for the event now.
Subscribe here so future posts can be sent directly to your Inbox. As a gift for doing so, I will also send you a FREE copy of my brand new eBook 455 Leadership Quotes: Lessons From 2012′s Top Christian Conference Speakers.