Very rarely do people discuss the price that leaders must pay.
- Sleepless Nights.
- Things Which Break Your Heart.
- Missed Expectations.
- Hard Decisions.
- Long Hours.
These create a high price few are willing to pay. And of those who choose to pay the high price of leadership, fewer still finish the race well. Everyone loves the perks of leadership but its price is quite expensive.
Tonight I am reflecting about all the things I love about leadership. I am thinking about the things that make the leadership price worth paying. The perks. And if you would permit me, I would like to outwardly process what those perks to leadership are.
My hope is that my list will inspire you to make your own. The following are 15 Perks Leaders Receive:
- Being part of big vision.
- Having the need to constantly learn. I love reading.
- Going on a journey with people you care about.
- Having a sense of accomplishment.
- I love it that my life counts and I haven’t been called to a lesser dream.
- The way people treat the children of leaders, especially my daughter.
- Serving other leaders.
- Providing solutions to those in desperate need.
- Giving people hope and a chance.
- The creative process.
- The opportunity to interact and making memories with other leaders.
- Building a sustainable future.
- Showing others grace and helping them improve when mistakes are made.
But the two biggest perks I receive as a leader are:
- Quiet dinners with my wife.
- And long walks with absolutely no agenda talking to my daughter.
I had both tonight. That dinner and walk reminded me leadership’s greatest perk. Tonight reminded me that being a leader allows me the opportunity to give my family a better life.
If you put together a list of the perks you receive as a leader, what would be on it?
To subscribe to this site and get my latest FREE eBook 649 Leadership Quotes: Timeless Truths From The 2013 Passion, Exponential, Orange, Chick-Fil-A Leadercast Conferences click here or on the image to the left.