One of the biggest mistakes leaders often make is putting too much emphasis on big events and neglecting the importance of daily activities. The Rocket Company’s founder Casey Graham reminds us often that everyday is more important than the big day.
Alabama Crimson Tide head coach Nick Saban is fond of talking about “The Process” his team goes through to be successful. John Maxwell wrote the wonderful book Today Matters where he discusses the importance of a person’s daily agenda.
As I look back on the Top 10 Most Read Leadership Posts From October 2013 as determined by you the readers, I was reminded of these truths.
Most blog posts open with big first day numbers followed up by a strong second day. Then the readership begin tapering off. That is what makes my post 21 Leadership Quotes And Lessons From Captain Phillips so interesting.
This post was released on Saturday, October 12th to lukewarm results. It never had a BIG day. It simply had solid results each day for 19 consecutive days. Results so solid the post finished as the 3rd highest performing blog of October.
Leaders, this is a good reminder for us. To achieve best results, big days are nice. Big days generate a lot of buzz. But it is daily excellence, compounded over time, which result in excellence. Do not overlook the importance of TODAY.
So leaders I ask you, what are you doing TODAY to be successful?
The following are The Top 10 Most Read Leadership Posts Of October 2013:
- 10 Christian Women Bloggers You Should Be Reading In 2014
- 15 Reasons Why Good Church Volunteers Quit
- 21 Leadership Quotes And Lessons From Captain Phillips
- 10 Practices Of Pastors Of Fast Growing Churches
- The Top 30 Leadership Quotes From The Catalyst Labs
- 7 Practices Of The Best Church Volunteers
- 99 Leadership Quotes From Day 2 Of Catalyst – Andy Stanley, Reggie Joiner, Uncle Si And More
- 16 Things Churches Should Know About Regaining Lost Momentum
- 8 Practices Of Leaders Who Get Things Done When It Matters Most
- 45 Lessons On Casting A Big Vision For God
Here are 3 Hidden Gems that did not make the Top 10 but were personal favorites. I hope you enjoy them the 2nd time around.
- Special Announcement: The #1 Book For Christian Leaders This Upcoming Holiday Season – This announced the release of my first book 10 Indispensable Practices Of The 2-Minute Leader. If you haven’t got your copy yet, make sure you do so today. This could be the one thing you do TODAY to be successful.
- 23 Leadership Quotes And Lessons From Grace Unplugged: The Must See Father-Daughter Movie Of The Year
- 18 Practices Of Churches Who Have Sustained Success
In closing, I want to thank you for visiting this site in October. It is never taken for granted you would give your valuable time to do so. I trust the posts have added value to you as a leader and look forward to connecting with you again in November.
To subscribe to this site and get my latest FREE eBook 649 Leadership Quotes: Timeless Truths From The 2013 Passion, Exponential, Orange, Chick-Fil-A Leadercast Conferences click here or on the image to the left.