The last words of my book 10 Indispensable Practices Of The 2-Minute Leader are “Wise King Solomon said, ‘He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the Lord.’ I couldn’t agree more.”
I absolutely love Duck Dynasty and the Robertson family. How could you not admire a family who is made up of people who love Jesus, are led by a couple married approximately 50 years who raised four Godly men and are more crazy about each other than the day they met, are successful entrepreneurs, work hard, provide meaningful jobs for others, and have served our country in combat.
My favorite episode was when Phil and Kay Robertson renewed their wedding vows. As I watched the scene shown above I realized any man would be lucky to have the same things said of him that were said of Phil by Ms. Kay.
The following are 5 Things I Want My Wife To Say About Me After 50 Years:
- “From the time I was 14 years old I loved you.” – My wife was 21 when we met on a blind date. For me it was love at first sight. It took her a little longer.
- “And we’ve been through some good times and some hard times.” – All successful marriages have a history of shared experiences. Some good. Some hard.
- “I loved you when we were poor and you were not so nice.” – Like many young couples, early in our marriage things were very, very tight. I would not trade those days for anything. My wife was loyal and patient. And God was faithful to our family.
- “Now you’re really nice and kind.” – I have heard grown men described as many things. Godly. Strong. Loyal. A Hard Worker. Faithful. Tough. A Leader. A Great Father And Husband. Those are all things which would honor any husband. However, I have only heard three men described as kind. EVER. That is a select group I want to one day be a part of. I want to be known as a kind man.
- “I’m not going anywhere. I will love you forever.”
If my wife says those 5 things about me along with being a Godly husband and father, it will be a life well lived.
What do you want your husband or wife to say about you after 50 years?
To subscribe to this site and get my latest FREE eBook 649 Leadership Quotes: Timeless Truths From The 2013 Passion, Exponential, Orange, Chick-Fil-A Leadercast Conferences click here or on the image to the left.