The following 26 Leadership Lessons And Quotes From Francis Chan at Passion 2014:
- I’ve got five kids and if any one of them are in trouble I will drop everything.
- He dwells in unapproachable light and we’re about to talk to Him.
- What cooler thing can you do on earth than take girls out of that situation (prostitution) and one day walk them down the aisle and spend eternity with them in Heaven?
- What if we woke up everyday and said, “This is going to be the best day of my life.”
- We have control over our prayer life, our relationship with Jesus.
- Aren’t you tired of hearing stories of other people and their relationship with God?
- You could be the Godliest person in this room. That’s up to you.
- Sometimes we can look at people on a stage and think they’re at another level.
- “You’re Francis Chan.” What does that even mean? It shouldn’t even be a sentence it’s so dumb.
- We’re so used to limitations.
- If we are longing for Old Testament times we don’t understand the Holy Spirit. You see, those guys were longing to be us. We have the divine nature.
- I don’t believe I’m just a person up here on the stage talking. I’m a temple of the Holy Spirit.
- You became a believer last night. I became one 30 years ago. We have the same equal standing.
- You’ve got to do some work now. Make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue. Virtue is about moral excellence.
- Add value to virtue, knowledge. You have to work and make every effort to know God.
- Do you study this book (Bible)? Do you work at it?
- I don’t like to read but I want to know God.
- Add to that, self control. This one is key because I’ve heard so many people blame the Holy Spirit for their lack of effort.
- Why would need to make every effort to self-control is it just happens to you?
- Sometimes it’s going to take every ounce of self-control not to go to that website?
- Add to self-control, steadfastness. It means perseverance. We all feel like quitting. There are times we all feel like giving up.
- Add to steadfastness, Godliness. Be a worshipper.
- Some of you could be worshipping God but you’re playing with a video game.
- You’ve got so much noise. You’ve got to use that Do Not Disturb button.
- Work on who you are. Work on your character…These promises from God mean you’re not going to waste your life.
- Sometimes we can worship effectiveness. God says, “Worship Me.”
What are your thoughts of Francis’s words?
To develop a culture of generosity in your church, click here on the image to the left to sign up for the FREE March 11th The Rocket Company webinar Fund Your Church Now. Great leaders such as Perry Noble, Chris Hodges, Bryan Houston and Casey Graham will teach you how to get more money for ministry. If your church could use additional financial resources do not miss