Back for Day 3 of the Orange Conference! Just a reminder, in an effort to grow in my skills to better add value to pastors and church leaders I am being dispatched by Injoy Stewardship Solutions (ISS) to attend this amazing event.
Today’s initial plenary session was conducted by the incomparable Andy Stanley. The following are 11 leadership quotes I captured during the session:
- Sometimes our theology and model gets confused.
- Jesus never compromised theology but He never allowed theology to get in the way of ministry…In fact, it made theology people uncomfortable.
- When in doubt just ask, “What does love require of me?”
- How you treat someone’s parents will determine what they think about the church. – Reggie Joiner
- When you run a church by relationships not policies it takes longer.
- We believe the church should be the safest place on the planet for middle school students to talk about anything.
- A Small Group Leader’s Role – 1. You are the church. Students will not remember what you say. They will remember how you made them feel. 2. You are not a counselor. 3. You are a navigator through the mindfield of assumptions, misinformation and unhealthy relationships.
- Do not let a middle school kid label themselves.
- Secrets from parents are always bad.
- How you handle something during a group will determine if you are allowed to handle it after a group.
- We want to love his (our son’s) first name more than our last name.
As a gift to everyone reading this post, ISS would like to provide everyone a FREE copy of the Ebook 5 Mistakes That Will Kill Your Church Fund Raising. Simply click here or on the image to the left to receive your complimentary resource.