Obviously I have met hundreds, maybe thousands of leaders in my life. So have you.
Leaders come in all shapes and sizes. Some take extraordinary risks. Others play it closer to the vest. Some have larger than life personalities. Others are introverted. Some are well-educated. Others have innate street smarts. Some have large platforms. Others operate in complete anonymity except to those who know them.
I have met great leaders who were both men and women, young and old, different ethnicities and from different political parties. You cannot put great leadership in a box.
Great leaders also have a variety of attractive qualities:
- Team Building
- Strategic Planning
- And on and on and on….
But the older I get, there is one characteristic which I feel is the most attractive quality a leader can have.
The most attractive quality a leader can have is…humbleness.
The following are 11 Practices Of Humble Leadership:
- A Humble Leader always gives credit to others.
- A Humble Leader is generous financially and with praise.
- A Humble Leader is forgiving. He/She understands grace.
- A Humble Leader helps those who cannot return the favor.
- A Humble Leader develops lifelong friendships.
- A Humble Leader plays to his/her strengths.
- A Humble Leader delegates his/her weaknesses.
- A Humble Leader says, “I don’t know.”
- A Humble Leader is teachable.
- A Humble Leader says, “I’m sorry. I was wrong.”
- A Humble Leader is a lasting leader.
Numbers 9 and 10 are very important. My senior pastor Dr. Crawford Loritts says, “If a leader is unteachable, run from them as fast as you can.”
After reading the list above, are you a leader people run to or run from?
Please click the link on the left to subscribe to this site and receive my latest FREE Ebook 969 Leadership Quotes: Timeless Truths From The 2015 Passion, Velocity, Orange and Leadercast Conferences. The lessons contained will inspire, equip, stretch and grow you as a leader. Enjoy!!!