As a member of the Catalyst Blog Team and INJOY Stewardship Solutions, I will be bringing you live updates from the much anticipated Catalyst Conference in Atlanta, GA. The theme for this year’s conference is Awaken The Wonder.
The next speaker in the Catalyst lineup was the wonderful Margaret Feinberg, the author of great books like Wonderstruck and Fight Back With Joy. The following are 19 Leadership Quotes and Lessons from her inspiration session.
- Would it be OK if I took off my shoes? When I am fully myself and fully His I am in my most wonderful place?
- Sociologists call it adolescence. I call it attitude.
- If we are not careful, as we grow older we can lose that childlike awe.
- If familiarity breeds contempt, then religious familiarity brings unholy cynicism.
- God is wonderful and gives people Himself.
- Life was never going to be the same (after discovering she had cancer).
- If I was thrust onto the battlefield, then the weapon I was going to use to fight back was joy.
- Joy is the weapon we use to fight life’s battles.
- Sometimes you pick the fight and sometimes the fight picks you. What if you were a leader who fought back with joy?
- Rejoice when it makes no sense.
- Hospital waiting rooms can be transformed into portals of praise.
- The secret to rejoicing when it makes no sense is to do it one square inch at a time.
- When you praise you proclaim to the darkness, “You will not win.”
- Remain suspicious that God is up to something good.
- Just over 100 days after I was diagnosed with cancer, my dad was too.
- During those months I heard my daddy say, “I love you” more than I had my entire life.
- I would never call cancer a gift.
- My dad returned to the doctor and there is no evidence of cancer. I’m still in it. They’re watching me like a hawk.
- Fighting with joy is not where I’ve been. It’s where I live.
Also, before reading, make sure you check out the announcement from INJOY Stewardship Solutions shown below about a FREE webinar on October 13th for churches needing to raise capital in 2016. Now onto thoughts:
More leadership insights to come throughout the day. And do not forget to join our team at INJOY Stewardship Solutions on October 13th for a session entitled How One Capital Campaign Raised Over $10 Billion. It will be a fun hour of equipping and training. Click HERE or on the image below to register today.