In an effort to add value to pastors and church leaders during the next three days, I will be bringing the top leadership quotes and lessons from the incredible faculty at the Willow Creek Global Leadership Summit.
The Global Leadership Summit is a two-day event telecast from Willow Creek Community Church’s campus to hundreds of locations across the globe. An estimated 305,000 leaders are expected to participate.
As a special gift to everyone reading these posts, INJOY Stewardship Solutions offering a complimentary downloadable Ebook entitled “The Absolute Best Quotes From The 2016 ReThink Conference.” Click Here to Download this Free Resource!
The afternoon’s next speaker was Dr. Travis Bradberry. Dr. Bradberry is the award-winning co-author of the #1 bestselling book, Emotional Intelligence 2.0 and the co-founder of TalentSmart—a consultancy that serves more than 75 percent of Fortune 500 companies.
The following are 36 Leadership Lessons And Quotes From Travis Bradberry from the 2016 Global Leadership Summit:
- A gift of any kind creates a ripple.
- Emotional intelligence is the greatest indicator of success.
- Emotional intelligence can take your game to the next level. It will change the way you see yourself. It will change the way you see the people around you.
- IQ only explains about 20% of how you do in life.
- People with average IQ outperform those with a high IQ 70% of the time.
- Emotional intelligence is the integration of the rationale and emotional parts of your brain.
- We are not taught to understand the value of emotions.
- Only 36% of people can accurately understand their emotions when they happen.
- Personality is fixed in your late teens and early 20s.
- Self-Awareness – the ability to accurately recognize your emotions as they happen and understand your general tendencies for responding to different people and situations.
- Self-Awareness is about suffering in the moment.
- Self-Management – using awareness of your emotions to choose what you say and do, in order to positively direct your behavior.
- Social Awareness – recognizing and understanding the emotions and perspectives of others.
- Social Awareness requires you focus on the other person more than yourself.
- Relationship Management – using awareness of your emotions and the emotions of others to manage interactions successfully.
- The biggest mistake we see people is winning the battle that they lose the war which is the overall quality of the relationship.
- Emotional intelligence is a foundational skill.
- When people work on this skill, it trickles into and impacts other areas.
- EQ accounts for 60% of job performance.
- 90% of top performers are high in EQ,
- 80% of poor performers for low in EQ.
- CEOs have the lowest EQ scores in the workplace.
- Organizations don’t always promote people for the right reasons.
- The top performing CEOs still have the high EQ scores.
- Increasing your emotional intelligence requires a lot of practice.
- You want to work on making behavior habitual.
- You need to get your stress under control to increase your EQ.
- Stress is an absolutely necessary emotion.
- We live in a world where stress is prolonged and severe.
- Clean up your sleep hygene.
- Don’t take anything that helps you sleep.
- No blue light (MAC, cell phones) in the evening.
- No getting high quality sleep makes you fat.
- Get your caffeine intake under control.
- The minor problem with caffeine can stimulate the flight or fight hormone.
- It’s the long-term of caffeine that get you.
- If you like caffeine, don’t have any after the noon hour.
Today’s final speaker will be Summit favorite Patrick Lencioni. Check back throughout both days for live blogs and updates. And if you have not already, don’t forget to click here or on the image below for your free resource from INJOY Stewardship Solutions.