In an effort to add value to pastors and church leaders during the next three days, I will be bringing the top leadership quotes and lessons from the incredible faculty at the Willow Creek Global Leadership Summit.
The Global Leadership Summit is a two-day event telecast from Willow Creek Community Church’s campus to hundreds of locations across the globe. An estimated 305,000 leaders are expected to participate.
As a special gift to everyone reading these posts, INJOY Stewardship Solutions offering a complimentary downloadable Ebook entitled “The Absolute Best Quotes From The 2016 ReThink Conference.” Click Here to Download this Free Resource!
The afternoon’s first speaker was Danielle Strickland. Danielle currently serves in Los Angeles as The Western Territorial Social Justice Secretary for The Salvation Army. Serving the marginalized for over twenty years, she is also an ambassador for Stop The Traffik, a global anti-human trafficking campaign.
The following are 16 Leadership Lessons And Quotes From Danielle Strickland from the 2016 Global Leadership Summit:
- D. Jakes went before me and Jesus Christ is coming after me. I’m in a pretty good spot.
- I didn’t want to be Captain America. I wanted to be a retired grandma.
- I’m so glad God gave me the opportunity to see spiritual leadership and just good leadership.
- Do not be afraid. Could it be said too many times?
- Gideon built an altar to the God of Peace and then started a war.
- True peace is not the absence of conflict. It is the presence of justice. – Martin Luther King, Jr
- The world is crying out for rightness. The world is crying out for truth. The world is crying out for all bad things to be made right.
- True humility is agreeing with God about who you are.
- Go in the strength you have. God is calling out what already exists in him.
- He made you good. There are things inherent inside of you.
- God wants you for who you are.
- True dependency is agreeing with God about who He is. And here’s a secret, you’re not Him.
- Gideon is making pockets of dependency.
- In the western world, most of us don’t struggle with codependency. We struggle with self-sufficiency.
- Most of us just need God to get a good parking spot.
- You have to create space in your life where only God can meet you, where only God can show up.
Next up is Horst Schulze. Check back throughout the day for more live blogs and updates. And if you have not already, don’t forget to click here or on the image below for your free resource from INJOY Stewardship Solutions.