As a member of the Catalyst Blog Team and INJOY Stewardship Solutions, I will be bringing you live updates from the much anticipated Catalyst Conference in Atlanta, GA. The theme for this year’s conference is Uncommon Fellowship.
The morning’s second speaker was Mike Foster. Mike has dedicated his life to helping people courageously embrace their not‐so‐perfect stories. He is the founder of People of the Second Chance (SecondChance.org) and author of the new book People of the Second Chance: A Guide For Bringing Life‐Saving Love To The World.
Also, as a special gift to everyone reading these posts, INJOY Stewardship would like to invest in your leadership by inviting you to a FREE Thursday October 13th online event entitled “How To Overcome The Challenges Of Leading A Growing Church.” Click HERE or on the image below to sign up.
The following are 10 Leadership Quotes and Lessons from his inspirational session:
- Just because people fail doesn’t mean they’re a failure. Just is because they made a mistake doesn’t mean they are a mistake.
- Say these words – “Me too.” That’s leadership.
- Every decade of my life I’ve experienced a rock-bottom experience.
- We are not defined by our brokenness. We are defined by God’s radical love.
- I want to be a grace-filled snow cone on a hot judgmental day.
- People should not be alone.
- Maybe our church pews can become friendship benches.
- We throw Prodigal Parties specifically for people getting out of prison.
- We want to celebrate all the wrong people.
- Maybe we over-complexify ministry. Sometimes we just need to throw parties for people who need parties.
Be sure to check back for more leadership insights throughout the day.
On Thursday October 13th, INJOY Stewardship Solutions is hosting an online event entitled, “How To Overcome The Challenges Of Leading A Growing Church”. You will able to learn church growth lessons from experience pastors like Shawn Lovejoy, Marty Schmidt, Josh Pennington, Mike Linch and Jeff Maness himself. Click HERE or on the images provided to sign up.