Would you rather be a Jack-Of-All-Trades or elite? Would you rather be a B or B+ at four different things or an A+ at one thing? Would you rather be a “renaissance man” or a superstar? Would you rather have a balanced life or an imbalanced one?
Let me just say this – we celebrate the Jack-Of-All-Trades. They are solid members of our teams. No question. But we reward people who are elite. Think about it, if you are looking to hire someone for a position and given two options, do you hire a solid, well-rounded individual or someone who is elite at the task you are hiring for? You hire the elite person every time. Being elite opens more doors and gives you more opportunity. Elite people are simply more valuable.
The more elite people you hire the more successful you will be as an organization.
I thought about this concept when I looked at this month’s Top 10 list. I can write about many things on leadership. I can be a Jack-Of-All-Trades. But my audience continually tells me what they want – movie quotes, church leadership resources, and weekly Top 10 lists. So I will keep them coming in the future. I need to be elite at that.
The following are The Top 10 Most Read Leadership Posts Of November 2016 as determined by you the readers:
- 23 Leadership Quotes And Lessons From Doctor Strange
- The Top 17 Books Christian Leaders Should Be Reading In 2017
- 16 Practices Of Leaders Who Lead Like Jesus
- 14 Leadership Quotes And Lessons From Arrival The Movie
- 23 Things Exceptional Leaders Do Every Single Day
- 15 Reasons Why Top Church Volunteers Quit
- The Top 10 Leadership Posts I Read The Week Of October 31st
- The Top 10 Leadership Posts I Read The Week Of November 7th
- 16 Habits Of Leaders Who Have Your Back
- 2 Harsh Realities All Leaders Should Know
The following are eight Hidden Gems which did not make the Top 10 but were personal favorites. I hope you enjoy them the second time around.
- 35 Leadership Lessons From Pastor Johnny Hunt’s 30th Anniversary At First Baptist Woodstock – a personal favorite.
- 10 Traits Of Organizations That People Admire
- There’s No Such Thing As Business Leadership Principles
- The Leadership Genius Of Alabama Crimson Tide Head Coach Nick Saban
- 14 Step Process Pastors And Church Leaders Must Take To Regain Trust From Their Congregations
- 14 Things I Loved About Being My Church’s Capital Campaign Chairman
- 10 Things You Can Do To Get Out Of Your Boss’s Doghouse
- Why Leaders Associate With The Most Evolved Human Beings On The Planet
November was an incredible month! I can’t wait for December. BTW, there will be a Star Wars: Rogue One leadership post coming!
Click HERE or on the image to the left and as a free gift for subscribing to this site, you can receive my new Ebook 1269 Leadership Quotes: Timeless Truths From 2016’s Top Christian Leadership Conferences. Featured are the Johnny Hunt Mens Conference, ReThink Leadership, Orange and Leadercast Conferences among others. If applied, these insights will make you an exponentially better leader. Enjoy!!!