Despite a late push by Clemson Tigers superstar quarterback Deshaun Watson, Louisville Cardinals quarterback Lamar Jackson named winner of the 2016 Heisman Trophy this evening signifying him as college football’s top player. He is also the youngest Heisman winner ever.
The following are 17 Leadership Quotes And Lessons From Heisman Trophy Winner Lamar Jackson which also includes additional leadership quotes from the show’s broadcast:
- “He (Jackson) started the season with a great victory over Florida Sate and a great TV game against Clemson. Those two things put him way ahead of everyone else.” – Lee Corso
- “The journey was tough but the only thing that got me through it was my mother, my Lord and Savior, and my children.” – Oklahoma Sooner wide receiver Dede Westbrook
- “We always thought Dede was going to special from the moment he stepped on campus just because of his speed. We’ve been able to utilize that and that’s what separates him from everyone else.” – Oklahoma Sooner quarterback Baker Mayfield
- “Adversity can do one of two things. It can cause you to travel down a dark, dark path or it can ignite something very powerful and passionate within you.” – Jabriel’s mom Ivory
- “He was always passionate about succeeding and it was my mission to make sure he did.” – Ivory
- “I’m most proud of his hard work, his passion, his compassion, his kindness, his sensitivity.” – Ivory
- “She did a great job in everything she did…She never complained.” – Peppers
- “It’s an honor to have her right here.” – Jackson on his mom
- “All the hard work I put in I don’t get as recognized as others.” – Watson
- “I’m a better quarterback. I’m a better leader.” – Watson
- “Worry about the small things. It’s going to come down to the details…We don’t just want to get to the Final Four. We want to finish it…Just keep it simple.” – Watson. Now onto the acceptance speech:
- “I want to thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.” – Jackson
- “For my teammates, this is an award for all of us.” – Jackson
- “There was one school that stood by my side…That was the University of Louisville.” – Jackson
- “They believed in me right away.” – Jackson
- “Losing my father and grandmother on the same day…my mom was a real soldier.” – Jackson
- “Mom, I love you so much.” – Jackson
My final thought was regarding how much mothers were present in each players’ life. While I celebrate the incredible hard work of moms everywhere, it was heartbreaking not one dad was mentioned in the story of any of the players.
What are your thoughts on Jackson’s victory? For more on Lamar Jackson and how he chose to play at Louisville click The One Thing You Must Be To Attract Talented Young Leaders.
Click HERE or on the image to the left and as a free gift for subscribing to this site, you can receive my new Ebook 1269 Leadership Quotes: Timeless Truths From 2016’s Top Christian Leadership Conferences. Featured are the Johnny Hunt Mens Conference, ReThink Leadership, Orange and Leadercast Conferences among others. If applied, these insights will make you an exponentially better leader. Enjoy!!!