Each Friday for the last few years I have provided my Top 10 leadership posts I read the previous week. These have become popular, go-to posts for leaders. It helps them sift through all the clutter and get to the very best leadership content.
Since this is the final Friday of 2016, I wanted to provide you a special edition of The Top 10 list. This edition is appropriately named The Top 10 Leadership Posts I Read The Entire Year Of 2016. These are the best-of-the-best.
Make sure you read each and process appropriately. I hope you enjoy them and make sure you return each Friday for your continued growth as a leader.
- On Being Matt Chandler’s Roommate by Steve Bezner via For The Church. If you want to know what it is like to be friends with someone famous and how to relate to that person in a God-honoring manner, this post is for you.
- 6 (Non-Political) Lessons For Church Leaders From The Trump Campaign by Rich Birch. I love this post because all partisan analysis was removed and Rich provided very practical information all leaders can learn from to increase their influence.
- 6 Things Every Leader Should Know About The Revival In West Virginia by Megan Briggs at ChurchLeaders.com For my money this was the most under-reported story of American Christianity in 2016. Make sure you check out this post!
- 2000 Minutes Of Action by Mary DeMuth is as heart-wrenching and heart-breaking a post as you will ever read.
- Today, I Mourn The Death Of A Former Celebrity by Tim Elmore. There is a leadership epidemic happening with many leaders today – a lack of common sense. I miss common sense.
- Lazy Staff Syndrome by Tony Morgan. Praise The Lord someone finally said it!!!! Also, I want to point you to one of my favorite posts of 2016, Tony’s tribute to his mother-in-law – The Priscilla Principle.
- 4 Reasons Why Baptisms Change Your Church by Dan Reiland. The reason leadership exists is to serve people and make their lives better. There is no better picture of a changed life for the better than baptism. Thank you Dan for this wonderful article!
- Georgia Is Being Governed By Demetrius The Silversmith by Jay Sanders via the Christian Index – This is the BEST post I read in 2016. Absolutely incredible insights!!!
- Why “The Bible Says So” Is Not Enough Anymore by Andy Stanley via Outreach.com. Wow! I’ll be honest. I respectively wholeheartedly disagree with Andy but let the debate continue. Also, Andy’s recent comments on the Virgin Birth are also under fire. Click Andy Stanley’s Approach To The Virgin Birth for more details.
- The Voice Of Baseball: Get To Know Vin Scully, The Man Behind The Mic by Tom Verducci. One of the best sports writers ever gives an amazing profile of the baseball’s best announcer ever. If you want to know what a leader looks like, read this article about the incomparable Vin Scully.
- ***BONUS*** – Many times it is not how you start a year but how you finish it. Please read Five Things I Learned In 2016 by Perry Noble. My prayer is for Perry to have a phenomenal 2017 as well as everyone reading this post.
Well, that is my Top 10 for 2016. It has been a pleasure and honor serving you on a weekly basis. As Perry would say, the best is yet to come!
Click HERE or on the image to the left and as a free gift for subscribing to this site, you can receive my new Ebook 1269 Leadership Quotes: Timeless Truths From 2016’s Top Christian Leadership Conferences. Featured are the Johnny Hunt Mens Conference, ReThink Leadership, Orange and Leadercast Conferences among others. If applied, these insights will make you an exponentially better leader. Enjoy!!!