On Saturday December 31st, I provided my annual listing of The Top 35 Blogs Christian Leaders Need To Read In 2017 as a resource for pastors and Christian leaders. As how now become my annual custom, I am now posting my follow-up, The Top 30 Christian Leaders You Should Be Following On Twitter In 2017.
We are all familiar with traditional names like Andy Stanley, Rick Warren, Bill Hybels, Craig Groeschel, Steven Furtick, etc… I want to take this opportunity to spotlight many of the next wave of pastors who will be the primary names in Christian leadership in the days ahead.
The challenge of this post is you could literally compose a list of hundreds of individuals. Therefore, I narrowed my criteria down to a list of 10 traits I looked for:
- If mentioned in The Top 35 Blogs, you were excluded. My desire is to expose you to as many great Christian leaders as possible.
- If you only provide the “Quote of the Day” you were omitted.
- Are you generous with information pointing me to other great blog posts, writers, or Christian leaders?
- Do you challenge me and make me look at things in a new way?
- Do you provide great tools and resources?
- Do you break news?
- Are you relevant?
- Do you provide solutions?
- Do you answer questions leaders are asking?
- Do you relieve pressure for Christian leaders by making us laugh?
With that as my criteria, the following are The Top 30 Christian Leaders You Should Be Following On Twitter In 2017 listed in alphabetical order except for the first two:
- @MuseumOfTheBible – I am so proud to promote this project. Opening in November 2017 in Washington D.C., this is an innovative, global, educational institution, whose purpose is to invite all people to engage with the history, the impact, and the narrative of the Bible. I can’t wait to go. Click HERE for more information.
- @KayArthur – There is no simply no individual I respect more in Christian leadership than the co-founder of Precept Ministries International. I am one of the recipients to her dedication to God’s Word and bible study.
- @AussieDave – In addition to being named my The #1 Person You Should Follow On Instagram And Why, Dave Adamson is the Social Media Director for North Point Community Church. Also, his photography and devotions are spotlighted in his new book Chasing The Light: 90 Days Of Devotions & Photos To Grow Your Faith. I cannot recommend it enough. Make sure you today by clicking HERE!
- @dbonleadership – Dan Black is one of my favorite leadership bloggers and one of the kindest people you can follow.
- @JenniCatron – Jenni is one of my favorite leaders. She is a writer, speaker, and leadership expert committed to helping others lead from their extraordinary best. Jenni is the author of The Four Dimensions of Extraordinary Leadership: The Power of Leading from Your Heart, Soul, Mind, and Strength. Also, she is conducting a FREE one-hour online training session with Michael Lukaszewski and Church Fuel this Wednesday, January 11th entitled Be The Leader You Were Meant To Be. You can sign up by clicking HERE.
- @PastorChoco – This wonderful Christian leader is known as Pastor Choco to those who know him. Pastor Wilfredo De Jesus is is the Senior Pastor of New Life Covenant Church located in Chicago. For more from Pastor Choco click 2016 Leadership Summit – 2016 Leadership Quotes And Lessons From Wilfredo De Jesus.
- @JoshGagnon – Joshua is the founding and lead pastor of Next Level Church, one church with seven locations throughout four states in New England. They were recognized as 2016’s 20th Fastest Growing Church by Outreach Magazine. If you are not listening to his leadership podcast, do yourself a favor and click HERE to sign up today. For more from Josh, click ReThink Conference: 23 Leadership Quotes From Josh Gagnon.
- @DerwinLGray – The author of the book The High Definition Leader and incomparable pastor of Transformation Church is America’s leading voice on multi-ethnic, multi-generational ministry. A dear friend and amazing leader!
- @JDGreear – The pastor of The Summit Church in Raleigh-Durham, NC showed everyone what leadership is all about by unifying the 2016 Southern Baptist Convention. For more on this story click 10 Leadership Lessons From J.D. Greear’s Concession Speech At The Southern Baptist Convention
- @RevHoward18 – Meghan Howard is the Associate Pastor at Fairborn (OH) United Methodist Church and is one of the most competent leaders you will ever meet. She is also becoming one of America’s leading experts on how churches can best leverage social media.
- @JohnnyMHunt – Pastor Johnny is the senior pastor of First Baptist Church Woodstock (GA). There are few people I admire more than this wonderful Man of God. For more from Pastor Johnny read Demolishing Strongholds: Finding Victory Over The Struggles That Hold You Back. His February 3rd and 4th Men’s Conference is a can’t miss event for me. Click HERE for more details.
- @Clayton_King – Clayton is the pastor of NewSpring Church in Anderson, SC. He is the founder of Clayton King Ministries, a non-profit organization that exists to preach the Gospel and make disciples. He has a true anointing in terms of reaching teens, college students, and adults for Christ.
- @M – Mike is the amazing pastor of NorthStar Church. If your church wants to know how to do effective community ministry, make sure you follow Mike. To learn more from this great leader, click 18 Facts About How Church Debt Kills Church Vision.
- @MLukaszewski – Michael is founder of Church Fuel, an organization which provides pastors and church leaders insanely practical tools and resources. Because of his social commentary, he is also one of the funniest people on Twitter.
- @B – The former leader of Catalyst is now a highly-sought after consultant and leadership expert. His book H3 Leadership is a must-have for all Christian leaders.
- @JRLee – After several years as a student pastor, God made clear the call to start a powerful church in the northern suburbs of Atlanta. This vision became a reality when several families sold homes, quit jobs, and moved 400 miles to Acworth, GA to start what would become Freedom Church. He is one of America’s great young pastors.
- @CrawfordLoritts – No one packs more truth and content in 140 characters than the incredible senior pastor of Fellowship Bible Church in Roswell, GA. You should also follow his son, the amazing Bryan Loritts at @BCLoritts . For more from Pastor Crawford, click 53 Leadership Quotes From Crawford Loritts About The Courage Needed To Be A Godly Man.
- @DanielLucas – Daniel is the pastor of Better Life Church in Morehead, KY. What makes Daniel unique is he is becoming one of Christianity’s next great evangelist. It just seems like when Daniel speaks, broken people are made new, hopeless people are given hope, and people get saved.
- @JeffGManess – Jeff is the founding and Lead Pastor of Element Church in Cheyenne, Wyoming. Since launching in October of 2007, Element has become recognized as one of America’s fastest growing churches with over 1,500 in weekend attendance. If you would like to contact Jeff about Leadership and Ministry coaching, please visit his Coaching page.
- @TimothyJMcBride – The Pastor of Tabernacle of Praise Church International in McDonough, GA was recently recognized as the third fastest growing church in America. I also appreciate his use of video, Instagram, and his dedication to his family on Twitter.
- @ThomasMcDaniels – Senior Pastor of LifeBridge Christian Center in Longview, Texas is arguably the kindest Christian on the internet. No one encourages me more.
- @BethMooreLPM – Beth needs no introduction. But just in case, she describes herself as “I love Jesus. I love Scripture. I like people. I like diversity.” Check out her new book The Undoing Of Saint Silvanus by clicking HERE.
- @WondHerFul – Heather Funk Polacios serves at Church By The Glades and is one of the most inspirational people on Twitter. She is also a mental health advocate. Boom!
- @IkeReighard – I love this man. Trust me, no one knows more about church growth and community ministry than the delightful pastor of Piedmont Church in Marietta, GA. Don’t believe me, click HERE.
- @JoeSangl – Joe is the founder of I Was Broke. Now I’m Not. which is a personal finance ministry which helps hundreds of thousands annually win with their money. He is also the president and CEO of INJOY Stewardship Solutions which helps churches with customized capital campaigns and generosity initiatives.
- @ScottSauls – Scott began serving as the Senior Minister of Christ Presbyterian Church in Nashville, Tennessee in 2012. He is one of the most insightful thinkers in Christianity. He describes himself as an incomplete work in progress. Scott has also authored the two books Befriend: Create Belonging In An Age Of Judgment, Isolation, and Fear along with Jesus Outside The Lines: A Way Forward For Those Who Are Tired Of Taking Sides.
- @MartySchmidt – Marty is the lead pastor of The Bridge Church in Ottumwa, Iowa. You may have not heard of Marty or Ottumwa, but trust me, you will very soon. This is one of our next great communicators. If you are looking for speakers for your next conference, book him today!
- @AnnVoskamp – Ann is a wife, mother of seven, and one of the most respected women in Christianity. Much like Kay Arthur, I am extremely impressed with her commitment to the Bible and elevating the importance of The Book. Make sure you purchase her new book The Broken Way: A Daring Path Into The Abundant Life.
- @AdamWeber – Adam is the Embrace Church in Sioux Falls, SD. Not exactly located in the Bible Belt, this 9-year old church has grown to five campuses and 4,000+ in weekend attendance. He also has an incredible leadership blog you can read by clicking HERE.
- @DocGolfJW – Jim Woolums is one of the kindest, most generous Christian leaders on Twitter. Make sure you are in his circle of influence. And he also has one of Twitter’s coolest avatars.
Well, that is my list. There is no way you could ever include everyone but as you can see, I’m partial to pastors and Bible teachers. I will be releasing a follow-up Part 2 list in July. So if you want to suggest names, you can do so by connecting me with on Twitter here.
Click HERE or on the image to the left and as a free gift for subscribing to this site, you can receive my new Ebook 1269 Leadership Quotes: Timeless Truths From 2016’s Top Christian Leadership Conferences. Featured are the Johnny Hunt Mens Conference, ReThink Leadership, Orange and Leadercast Conferences among others. If applied, these insights will make you an exponentially better leader. Enjoy!!!