This morning I had the incredible privilege of sitting in a session conducted by the wonderful senior pastor of NorthStar Church Mike Linch. As part of an event put on by INJOY Stewardship Solutions called Capital Campaign University, Mike gave an inspirational message on how to address the giants all leaders face. Giants are those things we cannot overcome. These words will inspire you to take the next steps needed to become the leader God has called you to be.
As a special gift to everyone reading these posts, INJOY Stewardship Solutions offering a complimentary downloadable Ebook entitled “Breaking The Next Growth Barrier: Ten practical steps pastors can take to break through growth barriers.” Click Here to Download this Free Resource!
Enjoy these 24 Leadership Quotes And Lessons From Mike Linch:
- We have two full-time people on our staff who do nothing but serve the community.
- You’ve got something standing in front of you that’s bigger than you.
- I reached a point in life where I wanted to invite a neighbor to church but didn’t want to invite them to my church.
- We started NorthStar Church with 365 people.
- We were in debt. The bank had become our boss.
- If you attack it (debt) and lose, you’re going to look like a loser.
- You can’t stay at a rented facility forever.
- 2008 we were at $6.8 million. It cost us $46,500 per month.
- If we fail at this I’m probably going to have to move.
- We didn’t dream anymore about the giant (debt). We dreamed about what was on the other side of that giant.
- The hardest thing we have to do sometimes as leaders we can’t focus on what’s in front of us. We have to focus on what’s on the other side.
- Do you think the giant looked bigger on the first day or the 40th day? I guarantee he looked bigger on the 40th
- Major leaguers dig into the box sometimes and wonder if they can do.
- Every person sitting in your crowd, their belief is hinging on your belief.
- When you attack a giant you ignite your people.
- They advanced with a shout when the giant went down.
- I had become so accustomed to the giant I forgot what it was like to attack the giant.
- We are in a community where 89% don’t go to church anywhere.
- Today, that debt stands at $1.3 million.
- We just celebrated our 20th It’s more exciting now than the first year.
- It’s amazing how many lost people don’t hang out at the church.
- The last letter my dad mailed (before he died) was a check to NorthStar.
- When you learn the gift of giving, it’s not about what you put in the plate. It’s about every area of your life.
- You (church leaders) be the people corporately so your people can be who God made them to be privately.
When you share these thoughts with your team, let me know on my Twitter account one thing which stood out to you.
Click HERE or on the image to the left and as a free gift for subscribing to this site, you can receive my new Ebook 1269 Leadership Quotes: Timeless Truths From 2016’s Top Christian Leadership Conferences. Featured are the Johnny Hunt Mens Conference, ReThink Leadership, Orange and Leadercast Conferences among others. If applied, these insights will make you an exponentially better leader. Enjoy!!!