“And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.” – Ezekiel 36:26
Last evening I had the privilege of seeing the new movie The Case For Christ. Based upon the book with the same title, this film is the story of Lee Strobel’s journey from atheism to Christianity. As an investigative reporter for the Chicago Tribune, Strobel set out to debunk the Christian faith after his wife Leslie accepted Jesus. .
What he found was real Truth. Strobel eventually accepted Christ and became one of the most influential Christian leaders of the last 25 years. The book The Case For Christ has sold over 14 million copies. If you do not own a copy, you can purchase one HERE. But in any event, go see this incredible movie and take an unchurched friend with you. It is wonderful!!!
The following are 28 Leadership Quotes And Lessons From The Case For Christ Movie:
- Facts Are Your Friends – “The only way to truth is through facts.”
- Anything great in this world is birthed out of pain. The spiritual journey of the Strobel family began when their daughter almost choked to death in a restaurant. The daughter was rescued by an off-duty nurse named Alfie Davis who uttered the following statement to Strobel’s wife Leslie:
- “It’s not luck. It’s Jesus.” Davis was supposed to be at another restaurant that evening but changed here plans to be at the one where the Strobels just happened to be at.
- There Are No Accidents With God – Everything has a purpose. Davis later told Leslie, “There is no ‘What if’ with God.”
- The Husband Sets The Tone For The Family – There is a very poignant moment in the film when Strobel’s daughter asked about God. Lee then tells her God is a fairy tale much to Leslie’s chagrin.
- Great Leaders Ask Great Questions – When Leslie came to Alfie with questions about God, rather than having all the answers, Alfie continued asking her great questions which made her think and re-examine her life.
- A Relationship With Jesus Is A Good Thing – In an attempt to explain her newfound Christian faith, Leslie told Lee, “I don’t know what it means but it is a good thing.”
- A Relationship With Jesus Is The Most Real Thing In Your Life – Leslie added, “I felt something that made me feel more real than anything in my life.”
- “In times of crisis we seek comfort.” – One of the moral compasses in the movie was Lee’s Christian co-worker Kenny London, played wonderfully by Mike Pniewski. He gave the aforementioned quote about crisis.
- “The entire Christian faith hinges on the resurrection.” – As Strobel was pondering doing an investigative “Gotcha” piece on the Christian faith, London pointed to the resurrection as the hinge on which the entire Christian faith rests.
- Jesus Christ Gives You Comfort During Times Of Loss – As Strobel began his search, one of his first interviews was with Dr. Gary Habermas. Dr. Habermas participated in many debates with skeptics of the Christian faith. In regard to the loss of his wife, he told Strobel, “In my time of loss I found my true comfort.”
- Circumstances, Feelings And Societal Opinions Have No Bearing On Truth – Dr. Habermas also added, “What I want and don’t want has no impact on truth.”
- “Sometimes truth reminds us of what’s important.”
- The Power Of Love – Strobel continued his journey by meeting with a renowned archeologist who became a Catholic priest. Strobel asked about the crucifixion, “Why didn’t God use His power to defend Himself?” The priest answered simply, “Love.”
- I Repeat, Facts Are Your Friends – Dr. William Craig, played by Rus Blackwell, told Strobel, “The disciples reported what happened and let the chips fall where they may.”
- People Are Most Likely To Attend Church When Invited By A Friend – Strobel went to church for the very first because he was asked by his wife.
- We Must Be Patient With Skeptics And Seekers – Strobel’s first visit did not go well at all as he angrily confronted Alfie after the service. For many, becoming a Christian is a process which takes an extended amount of time.
- The best way to reach a lost spouse is to unconditionally love them. Leslie continually loved Lee unconditionally and prayed for him daily. The verse she prayed was Ezekiel 36:26, “And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.”
- Jesus Simply Makes Everything Better – Leslie told her husband, “I love you now more than I ever have. Ever since I accepted Jesus my love for you has only grown.”
- “In His (God) time and His way He always keeps His promises.” – Alfie
- God Is Always Near And Always Here – Alfie added, “God is right here, right now.”
- Scripture Brings Comfort In Challenging Times – With her marriage in peril and faith under attack, Leslie continually found comfort in the Scriptures.
- You Can’t Honestly Search For The Truth About Jesus And Not Be Changed – One of my favorite scenes in the movie was when Strobel went to California to investigate the medical evidence of the crucifixion with Dr. Alexander Metherell, played by Tom Nowicki. Dr. Metherell told him, “Most impartial people who take this journey don’t stay that way.”
- Don’t Be Confused. People Reject Jesus Because They Want To – When Strobel misreported a story, he apologized to the person and said, “I missed the truth.” To which he replied, “You didn’t want to see it.” This reframed Strobel’s view of all the evidence about Christ he had obtained.
- Even Disbelief Requires Faith – Friend and fellow skeptic Ray Nelson, played by Brett Rice, said, “Even in disbelief you take a leap of faith.”
- “If Christianity is false, it doesn’t matter. But if it’s true, it’s the most important thing in human history.” – C.S. Lewis. The actual quote is “Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important.”
- The Evidence Of The Christian Faith Is Overwhelming – In the defining moment of the movie, Lee said to Leslie, “I had to prove this whole thing was wrong and I couldn’t. The evidence for your faith is overwhelming. But because you never stopped loving me, I don’t think God did either. I believe.” They then knelt down and Leslie had the privilege of leading Lee in a prayer to receive Christ.
- “Believe + Receive = Become” – How to become a Christian can be explained best by reading John 1:12, “But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God”.
Once again, The Case For Christ is a must-see for all followers of Jesus Christ and your unchurched friends. See this movie today!
Click HERE or on the image to the left and as a free gift for subscribing to this site, you can receive my new Ebook 1269 Leadership Quotes: Timeless Truths From 2016’s Top Christian Leadership Conferences. Featured are the Johnny Hunt Mens Conference, ReThink Leadership, Orange and Leadercast Conferences among others. If applied, these insights will make you an exponentially better leader. Enjoy!!!