Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 is absolutely laugh-out-loud funny and a must-see movie! Peter Quill aka Star-Lord (Chris Pratt), Gamora (Zoe Saldana), Drax (Dave Bautista), Rocket (voiced by Bradley Cooper), Baby Groot, Gamora’s sister Nebula (Karen Gillan) and Yondu (Michael Rooker) are all back for a second go-around.
Marvel has once again delivered BIG TIME! At its core, this movie is about family and reconciliation. The film begins when our friendly neighborhood Guardians are hired by the Sovereign, a powerful alien race to protect some very important batteries. However, Rocket steals them and sheer entertainment breaks out.
The following are 23 Leadership Quotes And Lessons From Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2:
- As A Leader, Fun Is Your Friend. Fun Is Attractive. – The movie opens with Groot having a dance party while a massive battle with alien is taking place behind him. Marvel films are so light-hearted. This is the primary difference between Marvel and the dark DC films. All things being equal, you just would rather hang out with fun people.
- Some Leaders Are Not Better Than Other Leaders. They Are Just Different. – Drax told Quill, “There are two types of beings in the universe: those who dance, and those who do not.” Quill responded, “I get it, yes. I am a dancer, Gamora is not.” In his deadpan way, Drax concluded, “You need to find a woman who’s pathetic, like you.”
- For Communicators, Brevity Is Your Friend – Say all you can in as few a words as possible. Groot said….”I am Groot.” Nothing more. Nothing less.
- Success Will Not Be Enough For Many Leaders. They Will Eventually Desire Purpose And Meaning. – Ego said, “I wanted more. I desired meaning.”
- Everyone Needs A Place To Call Home – Ego told Quill, “You’re home.”
- God Speaks To Husbands Through Their Wives – While everything seemed perfect to Quill on Ego’s planet, Gamora could sense something was wrong. God often speaks through a man’s wife in terms of people’s intentions and important decisions. Women just have a sixth sense men do not have.
- Successful Organizations Have Healthy Conflict – Nebula said, “All we do is yell at each other! We’re not friends!” To which Drax replied, “No. We are family.”
- Trust Is The Foundation Of Any Successful Relationship – Drax said, “When you’re ugly and people love you, you know they love you for who you are. Beautiful people don’t know who to trust.”
- Smart Leaders Rise Above Petty Issues – Mantis said, “A dog would not invite a flea to live on its back.”
- Family Should Be Marked By Sacrificial And Unconditional Love – Nebula told Gamora, “You’re the one who wanted to win. All I wanted was a sister.”
- Eternity Is Forever. Heaven Is All About Jesus And Experiencing Him Forever – Ego said, “Eternity does not get boring if you have a purpose.”
- Great Leaders Leave No One Behind – Drax said, “We’re family. We leave no one behind.”
- Fathers Set Precedent Everyday Because They Send People Forth Into A Time We Cannot See – Quill said, “Of course I have issues! That’s my father!”
- Smart Leaders Focus On The Right Things And Are Not Easily Distracted – Gamora said, “Can we put the bickering on hold till after we survive the massive space battle?”
- Leaders With A Track Record Of Success Are Worth More Financially Than Leaders With Limited Or No Success – Rocket asked, “Are we really saving the galaxy again?..Great! We can jack up our prices if we’re two-time galaxy savers!”
- Smart Leaders Understand The Value Of Options – Rocket told Quill during one of the final battles, “That’s a terrible idea.” Quill responded, “It’s the only idea we have left.”
- All Leaders Sit Down To A Banquet Of Consequences – Quill told Ego, “You shouldn’t have killed my mother and squished my walkman.”
- Successful Leaders Give Their Teams A Healthy Identity – Quill told Yondu, “You’re like Mary Poppins.” Youdu asked, “Was he cool?” Quill said, “Yeah, he was cool.” Yondu declared, “I’m Mary Poppins, y’all!”
- The Biggest Problem In The World Today Is Passive And Absentee Fathers – Yondu told Quill, “He may have been your father but he wasn’t your daddy.”
- “There are little girls all over the universe in danger.” – Gamora
- Healthy Families Are Committed To Each Other No Matter What – Gamora told Nebula, “You will always be my sister.”
- Successful Leaders Have Great Awareness – Quill said, “Sometimes, the thing you’ve been looking for your whole life, is right there beside you all along.”
- Successful Leaders Provide Lagniappe – Lagniappe is Cajun term which means “just a little extra.” This movie featured cameos by Sylvester Stallone and Ving Rhames. It also featured a hilarious spot with David Hasselhoff!!! Yes, that David Hasselhoff!!! Finally, there were not one, not two, not three but five post-credit scenes. So plan on staying awhile!
Once again, if you are looking for nothing but pure fun, go see Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2. It is just pure entertainment. And oh yes, I can wait for Marvel’s next movie Spider-Man:Homecoming in July!
Click HERE or on the image to the left and as a free gift for subscribing to this site, you can receive my new Ebook 1269 Leadership Quotes: Timeless Truths From 2016’s Top Christian Leadership Conferences. Featured are the Johnny Hunt Mens Conference, ReThink Leadership, Orange and Leadercast Conferences among others. If applied, these insights will make you an exponentially better leader. Enjoy!!!