Today I am being dispatched by INJOY Stewardship Solutions to attend Leadercast Live. In an effort to aid in my personal growth and better add value to pastors and church leaders, I will be live blogging throughout. Leadercast Live is the world’s largest one-day leadership event, with more than 100,000 attendees at 700+ locations across 20 countries. It is designed for those seeking inspiration and improvement in leadership, whether you attend as an individual or with a group.
The day’s next speaker was Jess Ekstrom. Jess is the CEO of Headbands Of Hope. The following are 11 Leadership Quotes and Lessons from her inspiring session:
- We can’t always control our peers. We can’t control our environment. We can control the meaning.
- The core of entrepreneurship is to create what you wished existed.
- You don’t have to start a business to create meaning.
- When you create solutions you learn the value of your work.
- The most important race is not 100 miles. It is the first mile you run.
- There is more in us than we know if we can be made to see it.
- There is a lot to be said when you can say, “Look at what I’ve done” rather than “Look at what I’m doing.”
- To execute with purpose, not perfection. It’s not about what you get wrong but what you get right.
- Finding your purpose at work is about finding the overlap between your talents, impact, and your quality of life.
- You shouldn’t have to choose between making a difference and making a living.
- All work can be meaningful. It’s about finding what’s meaningful to you.
Next up is Daniel Pink! I cannot wait!
As previously mentioned, INJOY Stewardship Solutions would like to offer pastors and church leaders the FREE resource Stop Summer Slump. Click HERE or on the image to the left for your complimentary copy.