Today I am being dispatched by INJOY Stewardship Solutions to attend Leadercast Live. In an effort to aid in my personal growth and better add value to pastors and church leaders, I will be live blogging throughout. Leadercast Live is the world’s largest one-day leadership event, with more than 100,000 attendees at 700+ locations across 20 countries. It is designed for those seeking inspiration and improvement in leadership, whether you attend as an individual or with a group.
Session 2’s closing speaker was the brilliant Daniel Pink. Daniel is a behavioral science expert and author of the popular book Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us. The following are 14 Leadership Quotes and Lessons from his session in which he quoted a lot of research:
- The profit motive is not the only thing.
- The purpose motive is also important.
- Many people left organizations and went out on their own. They said, “I’m not making a contribution.”
- There are two kinds of purpose – You are doing something transcendent. “Am I making a difference?”
- It’s hard to get that (transcendence) every single day. This purpose isn’t available to us all the time.
- The next purpose is “Am I making a contribution?” They’re both important.
- Leaders want to make people think they are making a contribution because it’s important to the psychological state.
- People want to know if they don’t come to work it will make a difference.
- When training people we focus on HOW. WHY gets short-sheeted.
- Next week have two fewer conversations about ”how” and two more about “why”.
- A great person is a sentence. Anybody who has achieved anything lasting isn’t trying to do 17 things all at once. They are trying to do a single thing.
- Abraham Lincoln, He preserved the union and freed the slaves.
- Franklin Roosevelt, He lifted us out of a great depression and helped us win a war.
- What’s your sentence?
The first two sessions’ speakers have been amazing! Next up is the speaker I am looking most forward to – Suzy Welch.
As previously mentioned, INJOY Stewardship Solutions would like to offer pastors and church leaders the FREE resource Stop Summer Slump. Click HERE or on the image to the left for your complimentary copy.